hungry hungry hungry (vent)

Options
21 one days to make a new habit...18 more to go.

i am a snacker....i will admit it. and my head is telling me to eat, and my tummy feels a little empty. I have already eaten my calories for the day, and spaced them out (i just ate like an hour ago).

on another depressing note, i estimated my weight from the last time i weighed (2-3 months ago) and used that to start on the site the other day b/c i didn't have a scale around (i don't keep one at the house, or i would be on it all the time and drive myself nuts). I weigh alot more now....my cloths all still fit though...how does that work?

does not help that my hubby just wants make me happy, and thinks that b/c i am wanting a snack, i should have one. so not the case. he does not have an issue with weight, so he doesn't understand why i'm not eating when i want too.

sorry for the vent, just had to get it out. :grumble:

Replies

• bacyr21
    Options
    I just checked out your food diary and no offense but I don't think you should do the slimfast. You can tell that by the time you get to eat regular food you overindulge a bit. I would try to find options where you can have smaller meals throughout the day. Breakfast could be an egg white omelet with toast or even oatmeal and a piece of fruit and then Lunch being a salad with low fat dressing and tuna on top or Buddig now makes these great quick fix deli snacks that are 70 calories and they are either chuncks of ham or turkey you can put on your salad Dinner could be if you have the funds a healthy choice meal or some chicken with a vegetable. Sancks could be a Fiber one bar or a piece of fruit. I think that by drinking lunch and breakfast you end up more hungry. Just a thought
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Slim Fast makes me crave real food. I could never stick to a Slim Fast diet...real food, Baby, real food!
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I just checked out your food diary and no offense but I don't think you should do the slimfast. You can tell that by the time you get to eat regular food you overindulge a bit. I would try to find options where you can have smaller meals throughout the day. Breakfast could be an egg white omelet with toast or even oatmeal and a piece of fruit and then Lunch being a salad with low fat dressing and tuna on top or Buddig now makes these great quick fix deli snacks that are 70 calories and they are either chuncks of ham or turkey you can put on your salad Dinner could be if you have the funds a healthy choice meal or some chicken with a vegetable. Sancks could be a Fiber one bar or a piece of fruit. I think that by drinking lunch and breakfast you end up more hungry. Just a thought

Totally agree. Your lunches are pretty laden with calories, leaving you with about 300+ to juggle for breakfast and dinner.

Just to share my food diary, a typical example would be:

Breakfast - protein shake - includes 1 tbsp whey powder, 2 tbsp soy protein powder, 1 tsp wheat grass powder & 4 scoops of 1% milk powder. Total calories = 310

Snack - a cup of sliced green apples (or fruit of your choice). Total calories = 36

Lunch - tuna or eggs, some lettuce leaves, 2 slices of whole wheat bread or 4 corn thins, 40cal vege mayo. Combine to make into a sandwich. Total calories = approx 300

Snack - Kelloggs 90 cal bar. Total calories = 90, or sometimes I would have 8oz of organic unsweetened soymilk. Total calories = 60

Dinner - protein shake (similar to breakfast, but replace 1% milk with organic unsweetened soymilk). Total calories = 280. Else, have a good helping of greens (salad), instead of mayo, use yogurt as dressing and add some walnuts, etc. Total calories = 350

You will realise the above does not even reach 1200 cal! This gives me some room for a small piece of dessert, such as a brownie.

Anyway, it's my sample. Eat loads of vegetables, especially greens as they are more filling :)
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Agreed... Not really sure what it is but my experience with Slimfast is negative. Slimfast seems so quick and easy and it tastes good and satisfying but it isn't real food and although i would lose the first 10-12# easy enough on it, after that I stopped. My body was screaming for real food. Usually I gained every pound back.

Stick with real food. A high protein drink after a workout is a bit different than slimfast.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I discovered early on that Slimfast left me feeling hungrier sooner. I found combining it with a banana made it a more filling option. Better yet, I now use Zone Perfect nutrition bars as a quick breakfast or lunch option, and because they have more protein, they can sustain me for up to 4 hours. If you are a Costco shopper, they are regularly available in packages of 24 for less per bar than what you can buy them in smaller quantities at other stores. If you are not a Costco member, Walmart is the next best option that I know of.

I agree veggies are your friend--low in calories and high in fiber, they are effective at keeping you full for a minimal expenditure of calories. Good luck!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Yep. Everyone's saying the same things I said to you a few days ago on another post. And look how much weight we've all lost. Seriously, we know what we're talking about. :laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • mrsbice
    Options
    Breakfast could be an egg white omelet with toast or even oatmeal and a piece of fruit

my only thing, and the reason i turned to slimfast is that i do not have time to cook in the morning/afternoon when i wake up. I work nights, which messes with my eating in the first place, and the shakes are the only way i can make myself eat breakfast. I figure some breakfast is better than none.

i have started to do a shake only for breakfast, and then a real lunch and dinner.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Have you tried powder protien shake mixes. Alot of them are low in sugar and calories and the one I drink also has alot of vitamins. I feel full after drinking one. I did slim fast for a while but I got so hungry so quick. They are also easy to mix. I mix mine with soy or rice milk but regular milk works fine too.