chrissysnow
chrissysnow Posts: 6
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
ugh,help just been a few days how do I stop my snacking in the evenings

Replies

• danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Drink water, set yourself a time that you aren't allowed to eat after, mine is 7:30....OR you could go to bed earlier to keep from snacking and have a big breakfast!

Good luck!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    It's hard. It's a habit we have to break. Practice makes perfect. I've been at this for about 5 months, and I still go over my calories a lot of nights.
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Yes, try drinking lots of water1 It has been a challenge in our group and I LOVE it! Were supposed to drink at least 8 glasses a day. I have been drinking at least that for over a week and a half now and its the best! You will find that you wount want to snack as much cause your full of water. Also theres no time to drink any other bad stuff like pop. Try to make it a challenge for yourself. The only think is you will pee a lot in the beginning! lol
  • spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    welcome!

Drink plenty of water and use chewing gum:wink:
  • Thank you for your sggestions I definatly will try all of them,good luck to all of you :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • Your "snacking" CAN be healthy. Fill your fuit bowl with red apples, green apples, bananas, and oranges. When you're hungry eat fruit. Grab a banana and a KNIFE. At every bit use the knife to spread peanut butter (as a spoon is too much, even a tsp). Eat sunflower seeds (or ANY "nut'). Munch of veggies. Buy the small round relish dish at your delicatessen (sp) and STAY away from DIPS!!! Create your own dip with Extra Virgin Olive Oil...it's EASY! Use garlic on a small size bowl like they hand you at Italian restaurants to dip the bread in. Buy the Skinny Cow chocolate w/peanut butter ice cream sandwiches....they are YUMMY! Buy a box of Slim Fast snacks bars (they come in different flavors). Buy the "low fat" Cheese Head ready to eat after you peel it version of ANY type of cheese (as long as it's low fat), grab a handful of whole wheat crackers and enjoy! Buy an air popped popcorn maker, use Morton's Lite salt, Mrs. Dash, or lowfat version of butter flakes. Whatever you do, DON"T use butter/margarine!

STOP snacking (eating) 2-3 hours before you go to bed. For me when it's 8:00 pm I STOP eating since I go to bed at 10:00 pm. It's been a habit of mine ever since Oprah Winfrey had her "Boot Camp" for people who wanted to lose weight (you can tell that was many moons ago, but it stuck!)

And yes, drinking 64 oz of water a day and chewing gum is another EXCELLENT way to keep from "snacking" on BAD foods. Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • good advice Thank you again :happy:
This discussion has been closed.