Damn you pee!

Options

Replies

• apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Why is it such a surprise to people that drinking a lot makes you pee a lot? Stop drinking so much. Good grief.
    well that's helpful.
    I didn't think it would change me that much because I was drinking a fair bit anyway.
    Getting up during the night and how to change it is what the OP was trying to get at.
    Drinking lots of water is good for you!
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Why is it such a surprise to people that drinking a lot makes you pee a lot? Stop drinking so much. Good grief.

^ this
    Drinking lots of water is good for you!

Well, drinking enough water is good. Drinking lots of excess water has no added benefit - it just goes through you and out as pee.
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Cut back fluids 2 hours before bed. Be thankful you don't pee every time you do a jumping jack or something similar :wink: Just sayin......
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Cut back fluids 2 hours before bed. Be thankful you don't pee every time you do a jumping jack or something similar :wink: Just sayin......
    This, and try doing a triple elimination just before bed. Pee as much as you can, wait a couple minutes, try again, and go one more time a few minutes later. I drink around a gallon a day, and don't have to get up in the middle of the night.
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    Don't blame the tea/water....you're just getting old :laugh:

that's funny

seroiusly though, I've been going all day and night too
  • DrScrappy
    Options
    what what whaaaat....:laugh: I am a 32 yo young stallion!!

So you attest to the saying " have to piss like a racehorse" ! lmbo:laugh:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Well I'm old...LOL...and I drink a 32 oz glass of water right before bed and most nights I'm in bed by midnight and don't get up till 9 or later the next morning, and I don't have to get up and go pee. I won't say never but it's very unusual for me to get up in the night to go pee. Guess I'm lucky : )
  • RotterdamNL
    RotterdamNL Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    what what whaaaat....:laugh: I am a 32 yo young stallion!!

So you attest to the saying " have to piss like a racehorse" ! lmbo:laugh:
    hehe good 1 :laugh:
  • redmagpie91
    redmagpie91 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    LOL! I have always had the bladder of a mother of 3 (except I don't have kids!). Seriously, even sneezing was a cross my legs event. I am noticing that as I lose weight I have to get up less and less to pee. Sure I still have days and nights where every 20 mins I'm running to the bathroom, but it's slowly improving. Try not drinking before bed and like someone said try and pee as much as you possibly can before sleeping!
  • mhuch110
    mhuch110 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    At least we all wake up first....be happy about that! :laugh:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    You know I posted that I never get up during the night and go pee, but after that someone on here put a spell on me and I've been getting up everynight since.

Please take the spell off cause I'm sick of it, thank you in advance
  • rogerbosch
    rogerbosch Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Is there any possibility that you could be pregnant? Have you tested? I had to get up constantly with both of mine. HATED it.

Yes, it's no myth: Dutch men CAN get pregnant lol

On a more serious note: aren't you losing lots of weight peeing that much? I know I do. I'm ruling out underlying causes but so far they haven't found anything wrong. I drink a lot but it seems I pee out even more.
  • AmandaTheNewMe
    AmandaTheNewMe Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    when i first started drinking a lot of water i was getting up 3 or 4 times a night..as time goes on i dont get up as much..but during the day i pee like every hour sometimes more depending if I get cold or not.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Saw the topic. Had to read! LMAO. I can't laugh too hard though so I don't pee my pants! :laugh:
  • keithmustloseweight
    Options
    Now i've been drinking only water and green tea and going to the toilet by day is fine but now i wake up 3-4 times a night cause i need to pee and before all that water and tea i slept through the whole night, whats up with that:ohwell:

Sounds like you are drinking too much.
  • AGreen54
    AGreen54 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    lol the title made me laugh so hard :) I have a small bladder too and thats one of the reasons why I don't like drink water because I have to pee an hour later
  • ellyloo
    Options
    I can drink a LOT of water, but if I then take a few sips of caffeine afterwards, that's all she wrote. WOOOSH.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    You're drinking too much fluid.

I personally don't subscribe to the "you must drink (insert number) cups/ounces/litres of water a day" movement. Our bodies are well designed to signal to us if we are dehydrated. There is no need to "flush out" "toxins" with lots of water - our bodies also do that perfectly well.

This. Don't drink anything within an hour or two of bedtime and make sure you empty your bladder before bed even if you don't feel like you have to go.

Signed,

The pregnant lady who pees every 4 hours at night anyway....
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have found by drinking green tea late in the day,I seem to get up alot more at night to go to the restroom. I try drinking my green tea,in themorning and no later than noon.Drink lots of water to flush out toxins,
  • suckerlove
    Options
    OMGoodness, so funny. I was just about to post about that. I swear in the last 4 hours I have peed at least 10 times. :laugh: