What is up with some people

Options
2»

Replies

• virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Virgo, you should read this EXCELLENT blog post from a fellow MFP'er

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/futuresize8/view/they-talk-a-lot-don-t-they-408117irgo,

and then pat yourself on the back, because 5lbs IS A BIG DEAL! :happy:
    In fact, it's awesome! Good for you! :flowerforyou:

That is great blog post, has really lifted my spirits ! so thank you
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 5 lb loss. Its awesome.
    You know you can share good information with some people. Others are very negative even about your accomplishments. I do not know why. I think people are down about themselves, or something has happened in their life that they just cant seem to think about anyone else but themselves, even for a second. I choose to share my good news with certain friends, and others I do not. you probably have people you share very private things with, sometimes it can be the same even for weight loss accomplishments. People get jealous when they see someone succeed. Maybe its unintentional but its selfish.
    keep doing what you are doing., come on MFP when you want to share your success. We are all here to hear you and we understand.

I just remembered I recently quit smoking again, probably for the 500th time in the 17 yrs Ive been a smoker. Well at a dinner with girlfriends I share my great news, I share that its been over a month since no cigarette and I did not even smoke at a party while drinking. Great accomplishment right. Well My "friend" says We've been hearing that since you lived in Iceland, which was about 7 yrs ago. I just smiled and really could not believe the nerve of her. Honestly how dare she try and bring me down. I was surprised for a bit then I realized I just seen some of her true colors, She is a hater. I care for her but I wont share my accomplishments with her. Even friends can get jealous.
  • virgocoley
    virgocoley Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Yeah you are right, I will only tell the people that matter to me - my family and my fellow MFPers
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    just give yourself a great big yahoo and a pat on the back. Although it's nice to receive feedback and compliments, just take a look at yourself, how far you have come and enjoy your success!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    i hope she finds your 5 pounds, seriously. yeah that was mean. no i dont care. those people piss me off.

if you edit your ticker - it will walk you through the options so you can have your bragging rights, darling girl.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Honestly, you just can't talk to everyone about your weight loss. Find some supportive friends or family to talk to about it and just talk to them. Everyone else, you will just have to wait until they ask you about it.
  • legs_n_bacon
    legs_n_bacon Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Some people are dilholes.
  • danne32339
    danne32339 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    dont let these people bring ya down! be proud of your accomplishment its not easy to lose weight.
    Some people just cannot be happy for others no matter what .

I could not agree more.
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You are really pretty, so maybe she feels threatened. Or maybe she had a bad night last night and it carried over in to today. There could be things that she's going through that you are completely unaware of, who knows? And I feel like bad moods feed bad moods so I'm glad you were able to pick yourself up and put a smile on again, good for you :)