Hangover Food. This is an emergency.

Options

Replies

• ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    AHHHHH the morning after the night before! OUCH! Bananas will replace elctrolytes, loads of water!:flowerforyou: Feel better!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You need salt, sugar and water. However you get that into you is up to you, but those are the key elements you need. I recommend some carbs as well if you've got a sicky feeling hangover.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Weird. When I'm hungover the thought of heavy greasy food makes me nauseous. I always crave fruit and sushi.

Me too!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Weird. When I'm hungover the thought of heavy greasy food makes me nauseous. I always crave fruit and sushi.

You're my new hero
  • RiotMTB
    RiotMTB Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Get some electrolytes in ya fast!! Like Hammer Nutrition Enduralytes.
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Really spicy ramen noodles. Fills you up, rehydrates you and helps you sweat out all the alcohol! Then a giant diet coke, sorted.
  • ruthio77
    ruthio77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Definitely a BLT on granary bread with some berroca, then coffee and painkillers!
  • auntygill
    auntygill Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Not going to help much , but when i am hungover only eggs and bacon or something quiet substantial and full of bad calories will do , and i just have to go with it or it just makes me worse . but these times are less now .xx:drinker:
  • dbdimples58
    Options
    I usually drink OJ, take a couple of Advil, eat a piece of toast. Sounds lame I know, but the alcohol has dried up the glucose in your body, which is why you feel so lousy, and are looking for BAD food. The jusice will put the glucose back into your system faster than anything else, Read that in Readers Digest over 20 yrs ago. Works for me!
    Drink LOTSA water....try to stay away from caffiene which only dries your system out more.....hang in there! :)
  • mscolleen2003
    mscolleen2003 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Lot's of water, your body is dehydrated and needs fluid.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    GO to McD's and order the entire Menu
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    This is why I keep packs of Nuun and Berocca in the office. Nuun for the electrolytes, berocca for the vits. When I've downed them, I head out and get a bacon roll.

then tea, lots of tea.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Just sympathising. Currently sat in bed with a litre of full calorie Coke.
  • juicy_cat
    juicy_cat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat - I am just about to go and get a bacon butty....i'll factor it in - mabye you could do the same!
  • Ahluvly
    Ahluvly Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    If you're keen not ruin your heathly eating then you need to keep the sugars and carbs down due to the alcohol you've had! Thing is, these are the very things you'll crave!

Stick with eggs on wholemeal toast, limit this to one slice of toast......................make it a salad for lunch! Keep off the sugar, pop and caffeine too. Plenty of water though!

Found this too!!!.... http://www.livestrong.com/article/8386-cure-hangover/
    Hello people int he know,

I've got a hangover from hell this morning and all I want to do right now is stuff my face with pizza, McDonalds, etc.

Can you suggest any healthy alternatives? I'm at work and there are a gazillion places around me that sell oh-so-naughty foods that I'm working hard to avoid!

Any help is much appreciated!
  • Lynne_m_davies
    Options
    OMg , reading this is making me sooo hungry !
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    OMg , reading this is making me sooo hungry !

Ha, me too! I can't be hungover and not eat crap food lol. It's the only thing that makes me feel better. Sorry OP! Hope your sore head goes away soon....
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Hair of the dog, sort you right out & if you make it a shot will be low cal too.
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Bottle of red wine, a lager bag of chocolate sweets, some dvds, and a can of ICE COLD COKE

Open the wine, start drinking, hold the can of coke too your face
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Most of you are wrong, and your bodies are wrong. Fat and grease are what you might crave, but not what you need. What you need is good healthful nutritious food. A good salad, maybe some pasta with marinara. Nice and light. At the same time, you need water, sugar, and salt...that's where the fat and grease craving comes from. I take a teaspoon of honey to start. You'd be surprised at how much this helps. Feeding your body fat and grease actually gets in the way of recovery, rather than helping.

But, most reading this will disagree and will carry on. I'm telling you though. I did a lot of research on this.

If you want to avoid a hangover, simply drink an 8 oz glass of water after every one ounce of alcohol. So, after a beer, glass of wine, mixed drink, or shot, have a glass of water. No hangover. Stay away from sugary drinks. And, no matter how much you drink, you'll wake up hangover free the next day. I promise.