how many lb's did you lose before you dropped a clothes size

Options
12346»

Replies

• Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    It's hard to say 5'6" currently 219 lbs.

When I started this life change journey, I weighed 268, and I couldn't button my 22 jeans (but could still squeeze in to my 22 stretchy slacks.) Said jeans started fitting right around 250, though tight. I just kinda breezed through size 20 on the "make my clothes last as long as possible" thought process, and at 219, size 18 is a perfect fit.

As a side note: I have an hour glass figure, and really long legs, which does play strongly in to jeans sizes. To get them to fit at the thighs, they tend to be big at the waist, unless its that color coded lane bryant jeans dot system.
  • hbon
    hbon Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm a dude so obviously it's a little different. I lost 35 lbs total and went from M/L shirt to S/M. My waist went from 36 to 31/32 inches. Also... strangely, I dropped a shoe size.

I used to think that was strange too. I went from a size 9 Wide shoe to a 7 1/2 Regular! My theory is that you put less pressure on your feet when you're lighter and therefore they fit into a smaller space? Not sure but I had to give away a lot of shoes because they no longer fit me.
  • squatsandlipgloss
    squatsandlipgloss Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Lost 33 lbs and only dropped 1 jeans size. 2 shirt sizes though.
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    My clothing size drops more when I work out more as opposed to just changing what I eat. Building muscle changes your shape and helps 'shift' things around ;-)
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I remember reading somewhere that 10lbs is a dress size. I don't know that I have found that to be particularly true. With pants, I try to fit the biggest part, usually the hips then alter the waist. Some people it's the other way around. Sizes vary so much by brand as well, often times better quality clothes run bigger than the less expensive clothes. I say, don't worry so much about the "number" but the fit is much more important. Style will make a difference in how your clothes fit as well.
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    When I was in double digit sizes (I started this journey in the 180s or 190s and a size 14/16), I dropped a size about every 15 lbs. For single digits, about every 10. It prob differs a bit based on your body shape.
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I started at about 250 lb, size 20-22, dropped 23 lbs so far and am wearing size 16. For me it was the exercise that is helping tone certain areas, like I row 2 to 3 times a week so my shoulders and arms have been my biggest improvement, still have a long way to go on them though. I also bike and walk (am working towards jogging for more than 5 minutes in a 45 minute span) - my husband said my butt went from being an orange to being a strawberry (still working on that too!). I'm just happy that I can now go shopping in a regular store and not the plus size only stores.
  • mrskeziawallace
    Options
    the day i can wear a fourteen instead of a tight sixteen will be the happiest day of my life. just saying.

This is exactly where I am now :)