Are you being told to stop losing weight.

Options
I am a 45 year old women who is 5'7" and I am around 157lb depending on the day. I am a size eight and besides my saggy boobs ( I went from a D to an A) I am happy and maintaining for about a month or two now. My starting weight was 215 but I was active at that weight just over weight. Here is my question? I am kind of done with the compliments and want them to stop and for people to stop telling me not lose anymore. I lost weight in a very healthy way with good nutrition and exercise. I had a trainer for 10 weeks in the beginning. Some people think I have a eating disorder or I have cancer. My kids are even saying you are too skinny. Is anyone
else going through this?

Replies

• Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    everyone will go through it, I was 235ish and I'm down to 170ish and had people saying that I looked sick etc...
    keep in mind that they are used to see you big, so the resulting you as looked at being skinnier than you really are.

I feel extremely great, eat well exercise a lot and when people tell me this I just tell them that I can now run a lot, do so many things with my kids etc... and I could not tie my lace without sitting before, that usually shuts them up
  • gmichaelguy
    gmichaelguy Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am a 45 year old women who is 5'7" and I am around 157lb depending on the day. I am a size eight and besides my saggy boobs ( I went from a D to an A) I am happy and maintaining for about a month or two now. My starting weight was 215 but I was active at that weight just over weight. Here is my question? I am kind of done with the compliments and want them to stop and for people to stop telling me not lose anymore. I lost weight in a very healthy way with good nutrition and exercise. I had a trainer for 10 weeks in the beginning. Some people think I have a eating disorder or I have cancer. My kids are even saying you are too skinny. Is anyone
    else going through this?

People talk. It's what they do. So let them talk. Listen to your body and do what you know is best for you (assuming no ED). Live life how you want. As they say, "Haters gonna hate!"
  • jobubble2005
    Options
    I tend to find that the reason why many people say "don't lose anymore" is because they don't want you being thinner than them.
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above comment, people are used to seeing you much bigger so to se your wonderful transformation its a bit of a shock. People keep calling me "skinny" and I still have 40lbs to loose!!! My response is "no not skinny, maybe smaller but not skinny....... yet"!!! COnsidering your height and weight it sounds like your in a pretty healthy range.
  • Alderaic
    Alderaic Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I tend to find that the reason why many people say "don't lose anymore" is because they don't want you being thinner than them.

not even you will see size 0 tell you that, I guess it is just a reaction and even though it sounds stupid they mean good..
  • reneecgc
    reneecgc Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies and I know everyone is happy for me. I just want them to know I did it the healthy way. If you
    saw how I ate you know why. I liked to feel full so I eat big. I just eat big on healthy food.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    My mother tried to tell me i was looking skinny and needed to stop losing weight. She got the look that could kill and a very curt "that's nice but i disagree" response.
    Just because someone else thinks I'm where I should be does fk all for what i think. When i get where I want to be then I'll stop and focus on toning and maintenance. No ones opinion dictates my actions.

I shut those opinion sharing individuals down. mother brother friends i don't care. Shut DOWN
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Well done you, well done on maintaining too - cos I think thatis hardest

I think most people mean well, it's just a bit of a change that they have to get used to = and some are jealous
  • erinn43
    erinn43 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    As your friend- I agree with this advice. Its people seriously jealous a smidge of your success with this lifestyle change because seriously- its what it is. Its SO HARD to really stay with this the way you have. You have to make the mental connection with tying the eating and exercise together to make it work. If it were easy to do- wouldn't everyone be like us? I love you and know that you are where you need to be. You look smashing- take that last compliment k? Love and hugs Moo
  • britfout
    britfout Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes I hate hate hate this!!! I know how I look and want to look! This girl I know is constantly saying "well no offense but I think you are too skinny, I don't want to get that skinny." (says the girl who says she wants to be 110 lbs)

Ok whatever makes yourself feel better. I will keep going until I'm confident in how I look. I have worked so hard to get where I am and will continue to tone and define and eat healthy because it makes ME feel good :)