How many calories do you NET?

Options
2»

Replies

• YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I was eating 1,480, Figured that was quite low seeing my weight (265.2lbs) So I have now up'ed them to 1,650. Might slowly work my way up more if needed, not sure though, guess it depends on how my body handles the new intake.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    It varies because my calories (2300) are established as a straight cut from my TDEE (about 20%), so I don't factor in/eat back exercise calories. I let the calories burned in workouts create a "zig-zag" effect, where my net calorie intake differs somewhat each day according to how much I do (or don't do, in the case of rest days).
  • josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Around 1500 I'd say, which is above BMR and 10% under TDEE.
  • Stephanie_Autry
    Stephanie_Autry Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I NET around 1200-1400 but I think I'm going to raise my calorie intake so my NET is around 1500-1600.
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 146 lbs now. I was eating at 1200-1300 cal/day and netting like 900. I gained weight and stalled but then I upped my cal intake and I've been shedding the pounds off fast.
  • demetrik
    Options
    What is TDEE please?
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    What is TDEE please?
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure. The total amount of calories you expend in a day with exercise, daily living, eating, etc. factored in.
  • demetrik
    Options
    Isnt everones Net different? Depending on your Current Weight, Goal Weight, Level of Excercise etc.?
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    Isnt everones Net different? Depending on your Current Weight, Goal Weight, Level of Excercise etc.?
    Read the first post in this thread for a great explanation:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    To lose weight I would NET between 1250-1400. To maintain I NET 1600-1700. I'm 5'7" and 135 pounds.
  • SaintsGal
    Options
    I net around 1200 - 1500 on exercise days which is usually 5 times a week. I usually burn around 400 calories when I go to the gym, so on exercise days I EAT anywhere between 1600 and 1900 calories.

On non-exercise days I eat anywhere between 1300 and 1500 calories, however this number can be increasingly higher on a satruday as this is my 'off' day.

Does this sound like a healthy way to lose weight. My BMR is 1600 roughly.

xx