My run yesterday... or, "should I have kicked him"

Options
justal313
justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
So I go running on the local rails to trails path. I'm moving along on the path and there's this 9-11 year old kid next to me on a 5 speed/ 10 speed bike keeping pace. This goes on for about a half a mile when I look over and say "Nice day for a ride huh?"

Well, the kid BOLTS, and I'm thinking "probably was told not to talk to strangers, good for him"

About 2 mintues later the kid comes running back, running not riding, and I'm wondering if he fell off his bike or something but he blows by me and I keep going. He barely gets out of my sight and he turns around and comes running back and keeps going past me.

Whatever... crazy kid.

Then maybe a minute or two later he runs past me going in my direction and out of sight past me.

Then he comes running back towards me and I realize that HE'S RUNNING CIRCLES AROUND ME THE LITTLE GOOF.

At this point I'm really thinking "I should trip him the next time he runs by" but I think better of it. When I told my wife about it she tells me she wouldn't have posted bail until monday if I did that. Thanks pookie.

Replies

• Runninglibrarian13
    Runninglibrarian13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sounds like he was... i dunno, maybe intrigued. After all, maybe the adults in his life don't run or exercise and he was interested in this guy who did.
  • justal313
    Options
    Sounds like he was... i dunno, maybe intrigued. After all, maybe the adults in his life don't run or exercise and he was interested in this guy who did.

I'm one of MANY people on the trail that time of day. And really if he wanted to observe/hang out with and exercising adult, he could have picked someone he couldn't run circles around :laugh:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the kid has issues. No biggie. He didn't hurt anyone. Probably just sort of playing with you. If he's autistic or something else like that, it could explain that behavior.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What a creepy kid! But I agree with your wife. No need to kick him, just curse under your breath! :laugh:
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I think I probably would have started laughing. It's much better than someone hurling insults or something. And hey, at least there's a kid out there exercising and not sitting in front of the tv eating mindlessly. :)

And lol @ your wife's response :)
  • justal313
    Options
    I think I probably would have started laughing. It's much better than someone hurling insults or something. And hey, at least there's a kid out there exercising and not sitting in front of the tv eating mindlessly. :)

And lol @ your wife's response :)

I was thoroughly bemused and my wife called the stay in jail my "stupid tax"
  • Asavitzk
    Asavitzk Posts: 66
    Options
    You should have just stolen his bike.
  • justal313
    Options
    You should have just stolen his bike.

The kid must live in one of the houses next to the trail because I never saw the bike again :tongue: