What's for dinner??

Options
Looking for something easy, fun and healthy to have for dinner tonight....any suggestions??

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    I'm having a celery stick, cup of raw lettuce, a carrot and some tea :)

You might enjoy some fruit or an egg?

Soup is great too
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    vegetable stir fry is my favorite easy dinner to make. :)
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    We're having vegetable beef soup that only has a tiny bit of beef.

We made a boeuf bourginon on Sunday and turned the leftovers into soup last night by throwing whatever veggies we had in the freezer into it along with a can of tomatoes and a think of beef stock.

When I want easy, I make a killer sandwich...some great whole grain bread, your choice of thin sliced deli meat/cheese, and load it with veggies. Spinach, sliced poblanos, local tomatoes, avocado...yum!
  • flakeandcake
    Options
    Grilled cod with spinach, radish, feta cheese, tomato and cucumber salad with ciabatta on the side and fruit and a scoop of caramel waffle ice cream. So excited!
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fat free refried beans, 1/4 cup taco meat, diced fresh tomatoes/green peppers, Greek sauce with some toasted pita wheat bread.
  • Skeptical_Jess
    Skeptical_Jess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Chicken Parmesan:
    Grilled Chicken Breasts topped with Marinara sauce (I usually make my own but classico has a good one that's fairly healthy) and a bit of cheese. Broil until the cheese is bubbly.
    I serve this with whole wheat spaghetti with a "sauce" that I make out of Chicken Broth, Garlic, and Shallots. I top that with scallions
    And Asparagus. I usually wrap it in purschutto and grill it, but if you're going for low fat, just grill it plain or steam it with some dill.

OR

Take lean pork loin chops, and flatten them with a rolling pin or meat mallet. I usually make mine no more than 1/4" thick. very thin. Then I marinate them in a chli-lime marinade (Fresh lime juice, chili flakes, salt & pepper, a bit of oil) In the meantime I prepare a salad: Romaine Lettuce, Arugula, Halved Cherry tomatoes, cucumber, julienned carrots, julienned red pepper, and a bit of fresh dill. And I make my dressing - 1 Tbsp Olive Oil, 1 tbsp White Balsamic (or red) Vinegar, 1 tsp Grainy mustard, 1/4 tsp sweetener (honey, sugar, etc. i usually use brown sugar. it's just to cut the acidity a bit), Salt & Pepper to taste, 1/2 clove garlic minced/crushed.. Whisk together until emulsified (looks a bit creamy)
    Grill the pork on your bbq on high heat, searing it on both sides. It cooks very quickly. You want it to be crispy on the outside but still moist.
    slice the pork, serve it on top of the salad with the dressing and a bit of feta. (That dressing recipe is for one, maybe 2 servings. If you're serving more than one person use 1/4 cup Olive oil, 1/4 cup White Balsamic, 1.5 tbsp Mustard, 1 tsp sweetner, S&P to taste, 1 clove garlic, you can also add minced onion. and you can use 1/2 oil 1/2 chicken or veggie broth instead of full oil.)
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas! Skeptical, you must be quite the culinary wizzard....that pork sounds awesome!
  • cpaman87
    cpaman87 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Going out for Mexican.
  • Skeptical_Jess
    Skeptical_Jess Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to cook. I have a food blog that I just started though I don't have many recipes on there yet, and it's not strictly a low-fat food blog. it's food.mangocitrus.ca if you're interested in checking it out.
  • kehuizenga
    kehuizenga Posts: 151
    Options
    Leftovers from last night:

steam zucchini and yellow squash
    lime tilapia (seasoning was 4 tbsp lime juice, 3 tbsp low sodium soy sauce, 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice, about 1/2 in of fresh ginger grated for 3 filets of tilapia)

Yum yum yum. Probably will have bing cherries dipped in greek yogurt for dessert.
  • jc86
    jc86 Posts: 151
    Options
    not exactly interesting or exciting but i had a salad with:

-chicken
    -1 slice bacon
    - spinach/romaine mix
    - orange bell pepper
    - onion
    - broccoli sprouts
    - bolthouse farms dressing