Logging for Life

Options
HisPathDaily
HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
Just thought I'd share some thoughts ...

I used to think that MFP would be something temporary, something to get me to my goal and then I would be fine and done. I however realized about a year ago that food will always be a battle with me. I'm on the winning side of the battle now, but "for me" it's something that while always changing and refining can still be a struggle. When I "go off the MFP grid" I quickly forget what portions are, I quickly let a "treat" turn into 2 or 3, and I find that logging really helps control that, even a couple years later. So the thought of "Logging for Life" (MFP, or whatever calorie/fitness tool exists down the road) as something bad ... but now I not only am content with the idea, but it makes sense for me.

I keep track of and maintain many things in my life; family, yard, home, car, job, etc. So for me to have a tool (that frankly once I found the rhythm doesn't take me long to log my food) that I use as part of my daily routine is reasonable. Perhaps for some it's natural (knowing food control and not struggling with motivation for exercise) ... but for me, it's not second nature, even though I enjoy my runs, time at the gym, and enjoying a healthy relationship to food ... I still need that structure.

And that's ok.

So, as this is in the chit-chat forum, I just thought I'd share. Not sure if others struggle with (or have struggled with) the idea of "logging for life", but I just thought I'd share my thoughts.

Good luck to you all ... a healthy lifestyle is intentional and takes effort. Something as simple as logging food for me is well worth the payout ...

~Matt