what can this be classed as ?

Options
can i class playing with the kids in a childrens indoor play area as a exercise ? if so what could i class it as ?

Replies

• dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    I dont think theres any reason to log that. Just eat your normal amount of calories and reap the benefits of being slightly more active
  • metalvegan
    metalvegan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I would include all that kind of not-really-exercise in your daily lifestyle setting - don't put it as sedentary if you are up running after kids all day... or what Drew said - take that extra burn for free!!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    can i class playing with the kids in a childrens indoor play area as a exercise ? if so what could i class it as ?

Are you asking because you are having issues keeping to your daily calorie goal and trying to make up for it with whatever extra calories you can gain from excersise? Dont take this the wrong way, because I was like that at first....I love food so much that I'd realize by 5pm that I was in trouble and had no calories left for dinner...so I would work super hard at the gym...and round up, do all kinds of things to get me as many calories as possible to be able to eat more. I realized i was just cheating myself..and the more calories I over-estimate, and the more excersise I under-estimate, the better the long run will be.

Not saying that is what you are trying to do, but if it is...beware the self-destructive trap.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I dont think theres any reason to log that. Just eat your normal amount of calories and reap the benefits of being slightly more active

This sounds like good advice. Really, you don't want to look for reasons to add your normal daily activity as additional exercise.
  • mercadezporcha
    mercadezporcha Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i'm on 1200 calories, i'm averageing about 1300 but sometimes i'm under my 1200 with no exercise added. i dont put running after the kids as a normal exercise as its what i do but today is a once in a blue moon thing. my normal excerise is walking i dont workout. some days with some meals i just need extra calories for what i'm cooking. i'll leave it out thanks for advice :)