My routine... Is this Okay?? Please suggest!!!

Options
So for a long time i had been struggling to come up with a proper routine for myself.... I wanted to lose weight but didn't know HOW and how much was enough or which way was best for me....!!! :grumble:

I'm about 5'2" and currently weight around 73.5 kgs/161 lbs :embarassed: and my goal weight is about 55 Kgs :glasses:

I tried a LOT of workout DVDs.. (since i dont feel confident enough to workout in a gym)... like 30DS, Zumba, Insanity etc....
But the only one i ended up enjoying was Turbo Jam... with TJ i make no excuses and Actually look forward doing it every day... also since it has a various no. of DVDs..i never get bored......

Anyway, I have cut off my junk food. Its been days since i had pizza or anything that unhealthy!!
Infact i'm sticking to normal (healthy) Indian food and also include veggies, raw salad and sprouts in my LUNCH.... since i have a tiffin service for lunch!
Dinners are usually a problem.. i mostly order them but i try they aren't heavy and i dont eat them in big portions!!
I think i'm fine as far as the food is concerned!!!! Though I do succumb to a glass of soda once in a while... :sad:

As far as the workout is concerned....Before Lunch... I'm doing around 20-30 mins of Turbo jam each day! I stick to their calendar....
Also in the evenings i'm doing Ab Jam (10-20 mins) and "SLim in 6" which i just started today!!!!

I just fear that after doing all this will i be able to lose weight... actually to put it correctly... will i Lose inches???

Is it less...or is it too much???

Should i include more different types of workouts??? Please give your suggestions..... :indifferent:

Replies

• MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Only you can be honest with you ... Asking for advice and justifying bad choices ultimately isn't going to get you where you want to be..

YOu need to Decide on what you want..

You need to commit to that decision

And you will succeed at your goals..

You can order healthy meals.. I have a busy life style and I eat out a lot in fact almost every evening but I make a decision to NOT eat a cheese burger .. But instead a salad etc etc..
  • chaser1977
    chaser1977 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    There are people on here alot more knowedgable than I on this. However I took a look at your diary, it looks blank except for dominos last Friday. Maybe it's a glitch on my part. I know you said you are eating better but, you cant out-work a bad diet. I will leave others to making a suggestion on workouts as I dont do the workout DVDs. Resistance training is 'usually' the best way to lose inches.
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I was just going to say I LOVE turbojam!!! Did it once as a part of my fit club and I could see doing it every day too! I do turbokick with my zumba teacher every wednesday and that is slightly lower impact and I like that as well. BUT turbo rocks!

I would track your calories accurately and eat at least 1/2 your calories back from your workouts. Make sure you are getting Protein and more Protein!!!!! Otherwise your body will have a hard time adjusting to the workouts and still lose weight. Try to get MORE than it tells you, it ups your carbs for workout calories but not protein, I always make sure to have a deficit on my carb and higher by far on protein. In order to get this I need the whey powder.

When I started to really work out and pay attention it took 2-3 weeks for the scale to start moving and then it really got rolling. If you do feel stalled try making sure you are getting ENOUGH calories and that too many are not the carb type unless it is fruit and vegie carbs. Contrary to what they say, all calories are not equal :( Carbs are better early in the day, evil at bedtime. If I snack on some grilled foods at 11pm my body doesn't even register them. Cereal and I gain weight instantly.

Good luck!! Keep it Up! There is some great support here. Just remember though. What works for one will not work for everyone. Losing weight is trial and error (3 weeks is usually the true trial anything less isn't enough to adjust to) If you add a blow day and gain to much, you learned something. If you up your calories and lose a lot, you learn something. Don't look at a stall or a gain as failure. IT is learning more about what works for you!
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    There are people on here alot more knowedgable than I on this. However I took a look at your diary, it looks blank except for dominos last Friday. Maybe it's a glitch on my part. I know you said you are eating better but, you cant out-work a bad diet. I will leave others to making a suggestion on workouts as I dont do the workout DVDs. Resistance training is 'usually' the best way to lose inches.
    oh yes actually i'm not recording anything i eat these days... :frown: I know its less than my calories goal... but yea i'm gonna start doing that now!!!!
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    oh yes actually i'm not recording anything i eat these days... :frown: I know its less than my calories goal... but yea i'm gonna start doing that now!!!!

First step to losing is being accurate with your counts.