Tailgating Suggestions

I am a tailgater for the college football season and I'm worried that this is going to set me back on my recent gains. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they manage the tailgating season and still being healthy?

I'm already thinking things like cut veggies...but looking for something more substantial that anyone has tried???

All suggestions welcome - thanks!

Go Heels.

Replies

• samb330
    samb330 Posts: 328 Member
    if you do the crockpot thing, I put chicken breast in the crockpot cook overnight, shred the chicken and add a jar of salsa, then plug it in at the tailgate. Everyone loves it, lots of protein and low fat. (i eat mine with a fork, but a lot of others use buns)
  • heygurlheyyyy
    heygurlheyyyy Posts: 84 Member
    Veggies is a good idea. Generally speaking, a burger isn't going to kill you, but you could always do a turkey burger or bring black bean burgers or something like that. Fruits are great on the grill too!

And just remember your friend - Moderation.
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Football season is always hard for me... I make sure I am working out a lot so I can enjoy my beer and everything else in moderation. :drinker:
    GOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Oscar Meyer 98% fat free hot dogs are 40 calories each.. Nature's Own whole wheat bread is 50 calories a slice. Maybe that will help a little bit? You can have a few hot dogs for relatively low calories.

ETA: Instead of higher calorie dips use Tzatiki. For low calorie salsa look into World Table Salsa Casera.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    ^^ Like she said, I buy the reduced fat/calories hotdogs, and lean ground beef for hamburgers. As long as you're not totally gorging on chips, most of the food stuff is do-able. Its the beers that get me...but I think I'll be switching to vodkas for pregaming.

GO DOLPHINS and U of M!