0 calorie cake mix????

Options
2»

Replies

• sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    So i have this recipe that i found for 0 calorie cake mix or cupcakes......basically you get a normal box cake mix and instead of putting in all the ingredients you put in one 8 ounce can of diet sprite mix it together and cook as directed.....my app says it has 0 calories....i looked up nutritional facts on cake mixes and their all between 150 to 200 calories.....is this with all the extra ingredients ADDED? are box cake mixes without allthat stuff in essence calorie free? I dont wanna make this and go using it as my go to snack if this recipe is not correct. Anyone have any insignt?

Wow! That is dangerous. You could consider the diet soda, 0 calories - but you definitely need to work out the calories for the cake mix itself. There will be flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, etc in there. Don't be fooled. - And I know the 0 point brownie recipe from WW, and it does have calories, it is just a small enough portion, with a lot of artificial ingredients that don't equate to the full "point" PER SERVING.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Cake mixes are sugar and flour mostly. If you think those are 0 calories, well ...

Common sense is important.

She asked a simple question. No need to be rude.

We were all thinking it..
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    im pretty sure the mix alone is full of cals..i think it even says dry mix and with all the ingredients nutrition on the side of the box
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    So i have this recipe that i found for 0 calorie cake mix or cupcakes......basically you get a normal box cake mix and instead of putting in all the ingredients you put in one 8 ounce can of diet sprite mix it together and cook as directed.....my app says it has 0 calories....i looked up nutritional facts on cake mixes and their all between 150 to 200 calories.....is this with all the extra ingredients ADDED? are box cake mixes without allthat stuff in essence calorie free? I dont wanna make this and go using it as my go to snack if this recipe is not correct. Anyone have any insignt?

Unless it's air or water, it has calories.
  • Captain_Spatchcock
    Options
    Bump! 0 calorie cake sounds amazing!! I wonder if diet coke just cancels all regular calories or just cake mix calories. This is fascinating! So much great info on these boards!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    You know even cardboard has calories, right? and mudpies? and sticks?

Thanks now I'm hungry!