My first day!

Options
I am trying to lose a little bit of extra weight & I am really hoping to tone up a bit as well. Any suggestions for how I can achieve this? What is your favorite workout and what do you think I should try?

Thanks for the help!
Roxy

Replies

• char_char_piper
    Options
    Everybody's body is different. There really isn't any cookie-cutter method to losing weight.
    That being said, through trial and error, I've found the following to be helpful:

-Keep an eye on your calories AND carb intake.
    -Stay away from refined sugars and try to eat as much 'whole' food as possible.
    -Find a good metabolic training program that is a good mix of cardio AND strength training. My preferred program at the moment is Jillian Michaels Body Revolution.
    -Find a group of supportive friends to keep you motivated throughout your journey!

All the best to you. Feel free to add me if you desire motivation and/or daily tips to aid you in your fitness goals!

Be well,
    Charlotte
  • ohmykai
    ohmykai Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    First, Congrats on the marriage and welcome to the site!!!! Watch what you eat and exercise and you will get there ;-)
  • boostnerd
    Options
    I'm a firm believer in keep the workouts as fun as possible. I only hard set the minimum for what ever the goal I'm working on is. Other then that I try to keep them open to fun things.

Feel free to add me.