Topamax...

Options
13»

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I was on other medications before Topamax and they did NOTHING for me. :sad: I go off once every couple years because I want to see if I can handle it without the medication and it's all good for a little while,. But...I guess I live and learn. :laugh:

I really sympathize. Migraine's can really be scary. They hit at the absolute worst moments. I'm always worried that I'll get hit by one at work. I commute at least an hour and that would be a bad situation to be in. Luckily, they always seem to happen afterwards. Weird.

I know that one night I nearly had to get a hotel room as I drove home because of how nauseous it made me feel. I actually had to pull over for a moment (not going to describe that event and why I pulled over). Luckily, I was close enough to home so I managed. I totally understand though about wanting to get off the medications but migraines can cause strokes so it's important to keep them under control.

Have you ever been tested for allergies? I know I found that my wheat allergy definitely seemed to cause some of mine and it's helped to get off of it.

I'm just grateful that I don't get the cluster version of migraines. That's beyond awful.
  • catiecupcake
    Options
    I have been taking Topamax for about three months. I was told I would loose 10-15 lbs. But that hasn't happened, I GAINED instead. I wish I had known that was possible before I started taken it. Dieting does me NO good, I loose 2 but gain back 3.

I also take Magnesium but have to be extra careful with it, as it can cause loose stools. SO I usually take it (Magnesium Oxide) every other day.