HAHAHA!

Options
So i was talking to this guy (who ive secretly liked forever) and about 2minutes into the conversation he blurts out (as if he were holding it in): " i can't, i mean... what...you really...how...you... YOU'RE SKINNY!!"
i wasnt sure if i should die laughing or crying from joy. he was sooo dumbfounded

on another happy note, i think i have officially gotten to the point that i no longer look fat where its the first thing that everyone sees when they look at me. i obviously still have more weight to lose but i can fit into shirts that are one size fits all :smile:
yay!

one last note of encouragement:
about two months ago, i stopped watching what i was eating and i gained a few pounds. i finally managed to get back on program a month ago and ive lost everything i gained plus another 8lbs.
lesson learned: always get back on the wagon no matter how hard it seems, you can do it, and its worth it!

Sara

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Kewl, outstanding,,, good for you.

Pics,,, pics. :happy:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    That's great!

I've noticed heads suddenly starting to turn my way again. I don't know if it's because I don't look so gross or if it's because I feel better about myself, but it's definitely happening again. That's one thing about being fat I'm not going to miss, though. :ohwell:
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

No matter what you are, people will always look at you more if you're just confident with who you are. It definitely shows in how one carries themselves. This is the number one piece of advice I am always giving to single gals!

A few years ago, when I first starting talking to this guy I liked, he happened to say "I'd never date a girl who weighs more than me." My response? "Oh, well, it was nice knowing you." He looked confused and I told him that I definitely weighed more than him (and it was physically obvious!). He apologized and told me he didn't realize it because I was so confident, carried myself well and had a great personality. We ended up dating for over a year.
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    I apologize for the way this sounds, but who cares what other people see? Are you not glad for your health and energy? If they judged you when you were overweight, than are they worth having as a friend?
    Congrats, and I'm glad you feel great!
  • jhall1980
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats! I just started my diet & to try to lose weight. I can't wait to feel like that. It's people like you that give me motivation :flowerforyou:

I've lost 2lbs & I have 34 more to go :wink:
  • sarachana
    Options
    this guy happens to be an amazing person and he's always been a great friend, the fact that he noticed is just fun, its not like he said,oh, now that ur skinny, lets go out...

i agree with you 100% that the health benefits are amazing, i have soo much more energy and can accomplish so much more in a day. although i know that being fat dosent lower my self worth, i also know that we live in a world where we are role models for each other, the better i live my life, the better i teach someone to live theirs.

so i dont judge myself poorly when ppl see something less than perfect in me, rather i am happy when ppl find the opportunity to learn something positive from me, and thats why i care what ppl think, say and see.
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    i am happy when ppl find the opportunity to learn something positive from me, and thats why i care what ppl think, say and see.

Very well said! That's fantastic that your guy friend said that! It's kind of like a confirmation all your hard work is definitely paying off!

I can't wait until someone is in awe of me too:drinker:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    this guy happens to be an amazing person and he's always been a great friend, the fact that he noticed is just fun, its not like he said,oh, now that ur skinny, lets go out...

i agree with you 100% that the health benefits are amazing, i have soo much more energy and can accomplish so much more in a day. although i know that being fat dosent lower my self worth, i also know that we live in a world where we are role models for each other, the better i live my life, the better i teach someone to live theirs.

so i dont judge myself poorly when ppl see something less than perfect in me, rather i am happy when ppl find the opportunity to learn something positive from me, and thats why i care what ppl think, say and see.

Well said, Sara.
    I think everyone (I'm sure there's an exception) cares about what other people think to some extent. If not, why would anyone wear make-up? Comb their hair? Take daily showers? Wear clothes when it's warm outside? Keep their mouths shut when they don't have anything nice to say? And so on. :wink:

Your post didn't make it sound like he judged you for being overweight, just that he was surprised when he noticed you had lost a lot. I wouldn't find it offensive at all, either. I'm always proud (and a little embarrassed because that's my shy nature) when someone notices I've lost weight. Health benefits are fabulous and the best reason for doing this for yourself. But humans are social animals. It's a survival skill to seek others' approval and support. There's nothing strange about that at all. :flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • squoozyq
    squoozyq Posts: 305
    Options
    Good for you! Your attitude is wonderful, and I'm glad you feel so fabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow, great story about your friend who was sputtering over your weight loss!! :laugh:
    And thanks for the reminder to all of us that if we get off track, we just have to get back on track as soon as possible, instead of gaining all the weight back!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!