Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you think of this recipe?

1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup chopped almonds
2 tablespoons orange zest
4 (1 ounce) squares bittersweet chocolate

I LOVE biscotti, and I was trying to think of a way to make this more breakfast friendly, but there really arent many substantial ingredients. It is supposed to make 10 servings, so really that isnt much sugar. I was thinking of substituting some of the white flour for wheat, and using dark chocolate (or omitting the chocolate). What do you think?
Oh, and I do NOT use fake sugars, so that isnt an option.

Replies

• Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    When I pop that in real quick to the recipe calculator it shows each one at about 148 calories. I couldn't eat just 1 for breakfast..more like 4 or 5 and a big glass of milk ;)

Maybe as a snack it would work.
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Turns out I already added it to my recipe box, and I have it at 116. I like to eat one with a piece of fruit, and my coffee.
  • Skeptical_Jess
    Skeptical_Jess Posts: 18 Member
    Brown Sugar. Add 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Use Whole Wheat or Whole Grain Flour. Use dark chocolate.
  • slindsey137
    slindsey137 Posts: 214 Member
    Brown Sugar. Add 1/2 cup of oatmeal. Use Whole Wheat or Whole Grain Flour. Use dark chocolate.
    Why brown sugar. Its just regular sugar with molasses added...