rushed for time.. do you microwave your eggs?

Options
2»

Replies

• sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I scramble mine with a little water, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.(You can add salsa, any cheese, any veggies, or ham if you like.) Microwave about a minute with a stir at 30 seconds. I also poach eggs in the microwave. Heat a small amount of water for 1 minute, drop egg in, pierce the yolk, cover bowl with a saucer, microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute depending on the microwave. (My new one is twice as fast as the old.) Pour off the water. I use a slotted spoon. Julia Child always put her poached eggs on a dish towel to get them really dry. Paper towels work too.
  • shellyroseg
    shellyroseg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found this receipt on MFP. I usually have breakfast at work and these do the trick. I added mushrooms and a few black olives to the batch I made:

I make these and freeze them in freezer bags 2 in each. takes only a minute to nuke them and away you go!

1 onion
    1 green pepper
    4 cloves garlic
    1TBSP olive oil
    1 cup frozen or fresh spinach
    12 eggs
    1 cup fat reduced mozzarella cheese
    3 TBSP bacon bits

Chop garlic and saute in oil. In the meantime chop the spinach, onion and green pepper. When garlic starts to turn light brown add green pepper, onion and spinach. Cook til spinach is done. Set aside to cool.
    In seperate bowl, whip eggs, cheese and bacon bits. when veggies cooled add them to this.
    Mix together. Spoon into muffin tins sprayed with cooking spray.
    Bake approx 20 mins in 350F preheated oven
    Makes 18

Per serving
    103 cals
    2g carbs
    7g fat
    9g protein
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    When I don't have time to cook my eggs in the morning, I just don't eat any. Same for any other meal during the day.

Going a few hours with a few hundred fewer calories is not a problem (and may even be healthy).
  • DizzyNurse
    Options
    I have done it but I am not super thrilled with the texture...
    Sometimes I'll cook them in a pan the night before and just warm them in the microwave the next morning. I also keep hard boiled eggs on hand in the fridge for emergencies.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I used to always use a pan but then someone (on here actually) told me a fast way to make scrambled eggs-take some cheese (I use laughing cow wedges) and eggs and put them in the microwave in a cup for 60 seconds. Very yummy and done fast!
  • jdploki70
    jdploki70 Posts: 343
    Options
    scramble, put in ceramic bowl, hit the one minute quickset, consume. I usually put mine on a bagel thin with a slice of cheese.
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    all the time and egg whites i usually do them for 45 seconds to a min
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I break one large egg in a saucer, break yolk and scramble with fork, microwave for 1.10, place the egg on an english muffin with a chicken sausage patty (also cooked in the uwave)...Filling...
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    If you dont want to scramble them and want sunny side..spray the microwaveable container, crack the egg, with a fork carefully poke the yolk twice in intersecting lines (it prevents the yolk from exploding) and the microwave at 60-70% heat for 45 seconds or longer depending on consistency desired.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I hardboil a dozen every Sunday and then if I don't have time to cook in the morning I just eat one of those. My kids like them too.
  • LilMissSunshine_
    Options
    I microwave them scrambled. Easy peasy. & then I top them with cinnamon.
  • apehl
    apehl Posts: 13
    Options
    I've been making microwaved eggs for lunch all week! I use 3 eggs, salsa, and cheese. I just mix them together and microwave in a bowl for about 1:40, stirring occasionally. They are super easy, quick, and healthy! Only 300 cals and 21g of protein. Perfection.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Never try to microwave an egg in the shell. That is all.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I microwae them when I eat them during the week. If I have them on the weekend, i'll usually make them in a pan because they just taste better that way. Basically I put one egg in a bowl (spray some cooking spray first) and microwave it for about a minute on medium heat. easy.