Mirror Free ?

Options
Has anyoen else seen this story on 20/20? It's a very interesting one about a girl that doesn't *look* at the mirror for a year before her wedding.. brought upon by self-criticicm of her weight.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/mirror-free-bride-080000264.html

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Yeah.... I did see that. And I thought it was pretty great.. Was telling my husband (we were watching it together) how she puts her makeup on with no mirror, and how nice she looks still.... Man.... I like the concept of why she did that.... I don't think I could do that.

What do you think??
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I think she was awesome to have done that.. and for one full year!!! :noway: I could never NOT look in the mirror just because I have acne issues and I couldn't live with myself looking horrible (blackheads & pimples showing). I do think that looking in the mirror helps me more with weight loss though. I make a point not to criticize my weight, but to notice the changes my body is going through as I lose (or gain back) weight.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If I didn't look for that long, and have the assistance of my tweezers.... I'd have a full beard and mustash, and a uni-brow....

And pimples!!! Yuck... :(
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    haha, same here! I'd probably have to spend more money at the salon & go more than once a week!