best BUFFET you've ever been to...what did you eat?

Options
a GLUTTONOUS post...yes, i LOVE food. I LOVE to talk about it. I LOVE to eat it. I LOVE to cook it.

So humor me...

1. What was the best buffet you ever went to?

2. Estimate the calories you THINK you might have eaten there?

3. How frequently do you eat at a place like that?

4. Have you changed the way you approach buffets since you've started eating healthy/exercising/trying to lower your bf?

Replies

• taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I love going to buffets...

All the steak and grean veggies I can stomach...
  • Seokie
    Seokie Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    1) Somewhere in vegas - so many different veggie options (I'm not a big meat eater) and seriously the best salad bar EVER (someone was there to mix all the stuff you wanted together)
    2)~650 (I had dessert too)
    3) very seldom
    4) Totally, when I was younger - I'd eat crap like the fried stuff at a buffet now the thought makes me ill
  • EyeLikeTacos
    EyeLikeTacos Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    http://www.bellagio.com/restaurants/the-buffet.aspx

/End Thread

Edit to answer your other questions:

Bellagio's "The Buffet"

Who the Heck Cares...but hrmmm.maybe about 4 to 5K

I would eat at a place like that at least once a month IF I could find a good one in the D.C area....right now I eat at a Buffet about 2-4 times a year

4. Have you changed the way you approach buffets since you've started eating healthy/exercising/trying to lower your bf?

Hell NO! My body fat is already at 8.2% ...eating at a buffet will not make it go up.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Bellagio buffet in Las Vegas. Best. Buffet. Ever.

Sorry, got so caught up in my memories of that buffet, that I forgot to address all the questions.
    I have no idea how many calories I consumed. I didn't even think of calories.
    I hardly ever go to buffets, but I would go there every time I'm in Vegas.
    The only thing that would change for me now is that I'd be aware of how many calories I'd be eating, but I'd still eat the same things!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options

damn...i must go there now :)
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options

AMEN!
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Calabash buffet in Myrtle Beach... I probably ate my body weight in crab legs. I LOVE crab legs. Actually.. I think that's all I ate there?

I also accidentally cracked the wrong end of a raw crawdad and had yellow brain goop spray me in the face. Mmmmm.
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    I like to add this one in the running! It's in Va Beach

http://www.captaingeorges.com/

I loved their Crab Legs...
    Options
    http://www.bellagio.com/restaurants/the-buffet.aspx

/End Thread

Edit to answer your other questions:

Bellagio's "The Buffet"

Who the Heck Cares...but hrmmm.maybe about 4 to 5K

I would eat at a place like that at least once a month IF I could find a good one in the D.C area....right now I eat at a Buffet about 2-4 times a year

Hell NO! My body fat is already at 8.2% ...eating at a buffet will not make it go up.

I love the way you think!

here's something you might check out...

http://washington.cbslocal.com/top-lists/best-buffet-brunches-and-lunches-in-dc/
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    i love all buffets and I typically consume about 3 days worth of food when I venture out to one. My personal faves are the chinese food buffets because I have a hardcore addiction to chinese food.
    Options
    I like to add this one in the running! It's in Va Beach

http://www.captaingeorges.com/

I loved their Crab Legs...

holy moly. what a menu!
  • semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options

AMEN!

YESSSSSSS. This buffet is amazing! Unfortunately the last time I went, we were waiting in line and the lady in front of us was puking in a baggie the whole time. (And if you've been there, you know the line is long)....whats worse is when we got to enter the buffet, she threw the puke baggie away and headed straight up to the buffet. No hand washing, nothing. I was so grossed out I could not thoroughly enjoy the buffet's awesomeness.
  • menletti
    menletti Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Best buffet I've eaten at (and I've eaten at plenty) was in Wuxi, China. No clue what was the name....no clue what I ate...but it was GOOD!! I did pass on the sparrow heads though...that creeped me out.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    1. What was the best buffet you ever went to? A Chinese Buffet Restaurant that, fortunately for my weight loss efforts, is not in business anymore.

2. Estimate the calories you THINK you might have eaten there? At LEAST 1500cals per visit...and let's not even discuss the sodium.

3. How frequently do you eat at a place like that? The only time I've been to a buffet in the last year and a half was a couple of weeks ago when I took my niece to Pizza Inn for dinner.

4. Have you changed the way you approach buffets since you've started eating healthy/exercising/trying to lower your bf? Well, like I said, I've been avoiding them like the plague since I started this because I just don't trust myself. However, when I went with my niece, I hit the salad bar first. I ate an entire plate of salad and raw veggies...no cheese, croutons, or bacon bits and only about 2 Tbsp of vinegarette. Then I limited myself to two pieces of thincrust pizza and about a half a cup of pasta. I also drank ice water (I made myself drink one full glass before going up to the buffet) instead of sweet tea or soda.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSS. This buffet is amazing! Unfortunately the last time I went, we were waiting in line and the lady in front of us was puking in a baggie the whole time. (And if you've been there, you know the line is long)....whats worse is when we got to enter the buffet, she threw the puke baggie away and headed straight up to the buffet. No hand washing, nothing. I was so grossed out I could not thoroughly enjoy the buffet's awesomeness.
    How disgusting!
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    1) I have not been to many buffets. But honestly, there was an asian buffet I used to LOVE here but they were low on business so they went under. So, I guess I'll just say golden corral as that's really the only other one I've been to besides some other asian buffets, but some of those were nasty and they didn't keep their food fresh. =/

2) At the asian one I loved, probably 600, I loved their fresh veggies and beans, and the sushi. At Golden Corral, probably 1.3k.

3) Well, since BOTH are shut down now, NEVER! Lol. But I did stop at a Golden Corral on my way back from Florida a month ago.

4) In regards to the stop on my way back to Florida, yes. I was already partial in way on changing my diet up. I went to Golden Corral and though "who cares, it's not like we get this where we're from!" So I got some mac and cheese, some mashed potato's, and a bit of steak. I sat down and started eating it. When I was done I actually was not happy. So my next plate was a salad, I enjoyed it, the next plate, more veggies, was still happy, and then I messed it all up by getting dessert! So it wasn't perfect, but I lost my taste for all the crappy foods!
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    The Journey sushi buffet in Fishers Indiana. OMG ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI!!!! nuff said.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I rarely eat out and I almost never go to buffets (not worth my money since I'm not a huge eater)...BUT...we went to a Sandals resort for our honeymoon many years back and on the last night we finally went to the only restaurant we hadn't visited yet at the resort. I wish we had started there!! The buffet was miles of lobster, king crab, jumbo shrimp, fresh seafood...oh, it was wonderful!!
  • EyeLikeTacos
    Options
    The Journey sushi buffet in Fishers Indiana. OMG ALL YOU CAN EAT SUSHI!!!! nuff said.

Bellagio's Buffet still trumps this...

You have all you can eat steak, Japanese Fried Rice, All you Can Eat Sushi, all you can eat any type of fish, all you can eat crab legs, all you can eat pretty much anything you can think of.
  • jonward85
    jonward85 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Journey is that way too. Crab Legs, Prime Rib, fresh fish, fruit, veggies, salad stuff, deserts, all kinds of goodies. Im just partial to the sushi.