All u 5'3" ladies out there

Options

Replies

• lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and currently maintaining at 123-125. Ive been maintaining since March and so far so good. Would I like to get to 120? Yeah sure, but then after I hit 120, I would want to get to 115 and then ??? You get the point. I have the muscle definition that Ive wanted and I think for ME and my body shape, 123-125 is good. I already barely have any boobs left and if I lost anymore weight I believe my face would start to really look gaunt and drawn out which is not hot! So for right now Im good where I am. I MIGHT decide to lose a few more but right now Ive been working on trying to maintain and then I will decide what I want to do.
  • mtaylor911
    Options
    I'm about 5'2 and I think 115- 120 is good for me. Although, 125-128 looks pretty okay as long as it's tone.
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    5'3" and 122.4lbs right now. Aiming for 120, only 2.4 to go! :)
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 164. My goal is 150 for now. My collar bone is come out faster than my belly going away so I have no idea what I want anymore.
  • aemoomoo
    aemoomoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you all eating?

I'd like to know this too...
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2 and i'm at my goal weight, 110
  • RawVeganFlirt
    Options
    and i eat my BMR which is 1350-1400, also i don't "eat back" my calories
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    With one inch heels I am 5'3..(.my highest weight not pregnant was up to130...and being with MFP since Dec 2011 (and doing the 30 day Sugar Free Challenge for 59 days I am now down to 114.2) My goal is 110 my High School weight. I never thought I WANTED to be 110 at my age.

The difference in my weight loss before was that I just did cardio...and was satisfied with 117. Now I am lifting weights and strengthening! With two grandkids (age 26 months and 7 months), at 61, I want to run and play and crawl with them ...then see them graduate from college! I want to be fit and healthy...and 110 for me (which I never thought I would want to see again)...is a grreat weight...especially because I am including weight training as well. Like you ladies...I have been carrying body fat for 40 years (had my first child at 20)...Now I see it melting with the weight that is disappearing!!!

You are ALL sooo goal focused in your health and fitness ...and I am here to support you!!

Hugs and Smiles :drinker: :flowerforyou:
    Deb

DOIT.jpg
  • mfunderburgh
    mfunderburgh Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    And you are still losing?
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently weigh 136.5, my goal weight is 130-132. I have a C cup and want to keep it that way.
  • kochou
    kochou Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" my goal weight is around 115 lbs with a body fat percentage of 18%. I'm currently at 25% body fat @ CW 130lbs.
  • Bostoncoffee
    Bostoncoffee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and my goal is 150. Should like I lot but on my frame it looks like 125.
  • Cheesburgerlover
    Cheesburgerlover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am 5 '3' also but i think i shrunk an inch after pregnancy and a fractured vertabrea. My goal was 120 but I changed that after having a child When I diet I can't seem to get below 130. So my new goal is between 130 to 135. I am currently around 150...but I got up to 180 at my heaviest.
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and my starting goal is to be 145. I have a long road ahead of me. When I reach that goal I will see where I want to go. For me I am just wanting to feel healthier. My body might sag but I'm not trying to impress anyone. My hubby doesn't believe that I weigh 207lbs now (down from 220) cause my legs are lean. My weight is all in my stomach and boobs, with a little on my waist.
  • RawVeganFlirt
    Options

i'm cutting and bulking well trying. i haven't lost weight per se but my clothes fit loser and my measurements are changing so i guess the cutting is working. eating slightly above your BMR is the way to go ladies!
  • RoseAsRose
    Options
    I'm 5'3 SW: 195 GW: 141-145

One important thing to consider is your "fat free mass" - that is - how much your muscle, bones, and organs weigh. I recently had mine tested (at a gym w/ fancy machine) and found out that my fat free mass is 115. That means, if my weight got down to 115-125 or so, I would be dead or dying - or I would lose a ton of muscle. The healthy range of body fat for a regular fit person is about 21-33% (elite athletes would be lower, but in order to survive, women need at least 12% or more). At a lean 21% body fat, I would weigh about 141lb, so that is what I'm setting my goal at.

Learning the above information about my body was liberating because now I know that I literally cannot get down to 115 or 120 without being really really sick. My goal is to be healthy, fit, and strong - mentally and physically!
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options

i'm cutting and bulking well trying. i haven't lost weight per se but my clothes fit loser and my measurements are changing so i guess the cutting is working. eating slightly above your BMR is the way to go ladies!

Please don't pass that along as universal advice. It only works for so long and it's certainly not the healthy way to go about it (especially if you're a healthy weight). If I never ate an exercise calories back, as an endurance runner I would ALWAYS be negative on long run days and be starving my metabolism completely...and body. I ate way more than you've advertising to do last year and still killed my metabolism - my RMR cut down to below 800.
  • lwoods34
    lwoods34 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    How many calories per day are you all eating?

I'd like to know this too...

I'm eating 2400-2500 calories!
  • KCramer12
    KCramer12 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Thank u all for the great points. I am currently eating 1200 ans do not eat my workout calories. So my net normally looks low. I am thinking of mayb upping to 1300 since thats what mfp says for my bmr. I am happy where i am but def want to tone alot more and lose some lbs.
  • getninshape56
    getninshape56 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Am all of 5'2" and weigh <gulp> 197. Shooting for 140 and will re-evaluate if I'm fortunate enough to get there. My calorie intake is 1350 and I occassionally eat back my calories, but that's only if I'm hungry. Am learning to listen to my body, become aware of what I'm eating and become healthier. For my height, there's not much room to grow...except outwards! I'm in the "obese" catagory and on my way to changing that for good!