Okay, how many calories are REALLY in grilled chicken

Options
2»

Replies

• simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I use the figure of 30 calories per ounce for boneless, skinless, all fat removed, chicken breasts - baked, grilled, or otherwise prepared without oil or fat. I weigh my portion after cooking.

Chicken contains a lot of water...if you cook it until it's dry - it will have more calories per ounce since all the water has been cooked out of it.

You will find many different calorie counts depending on where you look. Pick one and use it - you aren't going to mess up your calorie intake if you are a couple of calories per ounce off!

Good luck!
  • wolfpack77
    wolfpack77 Posts: 655
    Options
    I had a 4oz fillet for lunch today and it came in at

184 cal
    34g protein
    4g fat
    0 carb

So to get the values for 1oz, just divide that up by 4.
  • mindydaile
    mindydaile Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I use the USDA database site, which says 114 calories for 100g of raw, skinless, boneless chicken breast meat.

http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/foods/show/831
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    110 calories for 3 oz

So I didn't do too bad cal. wise with my 16 oz., cool.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I weigh mine raw. Nutritional facts on the package. Voilà. It's better to weigh raw because the chicken loses moisture during the cooking process, causing it to weigh less and become more calorie dense, so you'd be underestimating its calories if you weigh it cooked.
  • busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I love MFP but often there are conflicting numbers for the calorie count. Anyone have a true figure for the amount of calories in a grilled chicken breast? I eat a lot of chicken and would like to be accurate! :)

gwen,

unless it is organic and unprocessed, all chicken breast are pumped full of "water added" broths of soy or pork protein and starches.

Each recipe is different according to the manufacturer. You have to call the hotline of that manufacturer for information. Or just eat organic.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I'll add that some chicken has sodium water added to it..check the package guys. and restaurant grilled chicken tastes processed and weird..I know it has more calories and stalls my weight loss. maybe it is the sodium... it redefines..funky chicken.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    depends on a number of factors.