How do you cope?

Options
2»

Replies

• sammiliegh
    sammiliegh Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Drive around and sing music...I know it totally sounds lame, but it works!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, working out works for me but nothing beats an adventure in the mountains, or the beach. I could be having the sh*ttiest day ever but a good battle with crazy waves in Huntington Beach washes it all away. also some quality time with my crazy (single) friends.

and of course when I have my son with me, its always a good time. I've never been a stress eater though, I don't know how that works because when I'm stressed my stomach is usually in knots and I can't hold down food.
  • jenefrmthablok
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas! I really like the idea of a hot bath, dancing, reading a book (although not sure I could concentrate right now), walking, and being outdoors in general. If lived remotely near a beach markymark1980, I would be there like....NOW! The ocean by far is the ultimate natural healer/de-stresser for sure!

Ali - I'll take a raincheck on the cocktails! :drinker:

I think I'll go for a walk when it cools off a bit, and then end with a hot bath coupled with some Harry Connick Jr. :love:

Again, thank you all for the suggestions and support - great ideas!
  • urfitnesspal2
    urfitnesspal2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the ideas! I really like the idea of a hot bath, dancing, reading a book (although not sure I could concentrate right now), walking, and being outdoors in general. If lived remotely near a beach markymark1980, I would be there like....NOW! The ocean by far is the ultimate natural healer/de-stresser for sure!

Ali - I'll take a raincheck on the cocktails! :drinker:

I think I'll go for a walk when it cools off a bit, and then end with a hot bath coupled with some Harry Connick Jr. :love:

Again, thank you all for the suggestions and support - great ideas!

There is a prayer that is very helpful to me when I use it-

God- Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to know the difference for today.

Also, it is a great help for me to share my concern (being specific) with someone who caqres enough to be honest with me and help me see my role in the solution. Great job reaching out for help! Have a nice evening:)
  • Shrinking_Stacey
    Options
    Running til I'm ready to drop, followed closely by target shooting or any sort of physical combat (with a willing partner of course!). Hiking or rock climbing too. Anything that gets your adrenaline flowing should do the trick. Good luck!