Why you should always make sure your car is locked

NaurielR
NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
Because if you don't, some A-hole will steal your crap.

Like your credit/debit cards.

And your cash. The $100 your grandparents forced on you, and the $300 you earned from dog sitting the hounds from hell.

I went for a run this morning at a local prairie reserve. When I got back to my car, I noticed the door was only half closed, even though I was sure I completely closed it when I left. I checked my purse, and sure enough my cards and money was gone.

The cards I don't care about. Its an inconvenience, but I'm patient and can wait for new ones after I've cancelled the stolen ones.

But the cash....That's not replaceable. I live at home because I'm newly graduated and looking for a job. Basically, my parents pay for everything I need. While I appreciate it SOOO much, it leaves me feeling really useless. Earning that money was such a fulfilling feeling. I was so glad that I would be able to pay my own way for awhile.

Until that D-Bag decided to invade my property and steal my stuff. So now I'm alternating between bouts of pathetic weeping and episodes of blind "I will dig your intestines out with a rusty spoon" rage.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bit of a pouty child over this, but I just need to rant. Thank you for indulging me :P
[/rant]

Replies

• gods, sorry to hear this. Hope you get money back some how. xxx
  • NaurielR
    Thanks. Even though its highly unlikely. There aren't any security cameras in the lot, so its not like the cops can do anything. I'll probably feel better tomorrow after I've gotten a full nights sleep.
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    I would still report it to the police (if you haven't already), This person may prowl the area and may be hitting other cars also.

OOORRRRR.... you could park your car and hide in the bushes with some pepper spray and hope he comes back! :laugh:

• OOORRRRR.... you could park your car and hide in the bushes with some pepper spray and hope he comes back! :laugh:

I vote this one.
    Mine got broken into last year. They broke a window, so that cost me a TON. But luckily I had my wallet with me. They took my checkbook and tried to cash checks, but I had already cancelled the account so it went back on them.

oh, and they stole my makeup bag too...weird.
  • NaurielR
    Haha, I like the "hide in the bushes" idea.

And reporting it to the police is probably a good idea too. Even if it does nothing for me, letting them know that people are stealing will maybe allow them to prevent future break ins.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    I would invest in one of these:

nakedgun3mercsl2.8775.jpg
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member

oh, and they stole my makeup bag too...weird.

Crooks and Jerks gotta look pretty too!!

No, you're right, that's just weird. Creepy even.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    I put my stuff where it can't be easily found. The glove box/purse the middle console thing in many cars these days that hold cds/misc. stuff.

....now I just have to remember where I put the key fob. I went to the beach and didn't want it to get wet and break, so it's in the car...hrm. Funny, many surfers I knew would just put their keys on or behind their tire where you couldn't see it. hehe.
  • NaurielR
    I would invest in one of these:

nakedgun3mercsl2.8775.jpg
    Hmmm, do you think Ebay would sell this?

ANd yeah, magj0y, I probably should have done that. I just wasn't thinking lol. I had the key on me and *meant* to lock the car, but apparently I didn't.