Help with Water Intake

Options
Ok, I'm struggling with drinking water. I have great intentions every day at work (filling up my cup) and at the end of the day, the same full cup sits on my desk. I just don't drink anything unless I'm eating or exercising. I need any tips on "forcing" myself to drink water. Any help/suggestions/ideas?

Replies

• samwal81
    Options
    If you sit at a computer you can set an alarm on it to remind you to drink atleast 1 c per hour.
  • Corruption
    Options
    I usually alternate crystal light and water to keep myself into the habit of picking up my water bottle. I tend to drink the crystal light more easily so it kind of helps me.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I bought a bottle of Sugar Free Flavored Syrup (like you use in coffee) and add a dash of it to my water. My preference is to drink it at room temperature because it seems to go down easier. Something else to try might be to get a big jug and fill it with ice and lemon or other fruit slices.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    put a nice colorful label on your cup that says. "DRINK THIS NOW!".... or something.
  • cbdrcg
    Options
    I like to add a little zip to my water to make it enticing. I add some cucumber slices, and lemon slices to 8 cups of water. Let it sit in the fridge overnight. Removed the cucumber and lemon in the water and take it to work. I sip on it all day long. Very tasty and refreshing.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I don't drink soda or milk so water is my only option. I used to hate it, but a doctor once told me to just take a sip whenever I changed activities. If you are typing a document, take a sip when you get to a new page. If you're browsing websites, take a sip when you click a link. Eventually you have an empty container of water.
  • musclebuilder
    musclebuilder Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm struggling with drinking water. I have great intentions every day at work (filling up my cup) and at the end of the day, the same full cup sits on my desk. I just don't drink anything unless I'm eating or exercising. I need any tips on "forcing" myself to drink water. Any help/suggestions/ideas?

I am the same way. I just split up my water in to servings that I drink with each meal and exercise..for example.,If I drink a gallon of water a day and I eat 3 meals daily and exercise once a day. I drink a half of gallon with each meal and my exercise. That way I got my gallon in and I took advantage of the times I am able to drink alot of water.
  • januaryblondaf
    januaryblondaf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yay for crystal lite! original peach is my fav and i drink the heck out of it! yummie! i hate water, i dont care what anyone says it does have a flavor... like minerals... BLAGH
  • Shelane
    Options
    I drink crystal light. lots of varieties to choose from. i just sip it throughout the day
  • macjam22
    macjam22 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great thanks everyone for the tips! The hardest part is I don't mind the taste of water, its the process of making myself drink something when I'm not thirsty. I can seriously go all day without ever drinking a drop of any liquid!

I like the idea of putting the lemon in the water over night..that sounds excellent. I appreciate all the tips! We'll see how I do :)
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    I take big gulps when i drink. If I drank it how I normally do 1 cup would take forever. 8 oz takes me about 5 gulps to finish. Its the easiest way for me to get it done. Also a lot of ice helps me..colder the better. Fit & Active lemonade is good too. 5 cals/8 oz.