flourless pancake recipe below 100 calories!!!

Options

Replies

• JDelphiki
    JDelphiki Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just entered the ingredients into the recipe calculator and it came out as 371 calories total. Assuming you do 4 pancakes they would be under 100 each, but I have no idea how many it would make. 4 sounds reasonable though. And they do sound pretty yummy!

Not sure how you got that figure.

1 Medium Banana 105 cal
    2 Tbsp oats. 37.5 cal
    1 large egg. 70 cal

So 212 calories for the recipe. I made these this morning, they were very good. I added a dab of vanilla extract, which actually was pretty unnessicary. A tip I can give is to use the batter right after blending. My son was fussing and my wife was already eating so I set the batter aside for a few minutes to take care of him. When I got back the batter had thickened and the pancakes didn't spread very well. They ended up be thicker than I would normally eat. Still very delicious and they have been added to my favorite healthy breakfast menu. Thank you.
  • lindarichards2
    lindarichards2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That sounds wonderful...shall give it a try! Is that regular oats or quick cooking?
  • Thesoundofwolf
    Thesoundofwolf Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Skip the oats, and go protien powder!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Even better flourless pancake recipe. (If you are following low carb or cutting out the grains.)

2 oz cream cheese
    2 eggs
    granulated splenda, ez sweets or stevia
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix it all together and fry that up in a pan with butter or spray and you have a delicious low carb pancake! Can add some light fruit to it, or sugar free maple syrup.

Approx nutrition info per batch: 344 calories, 29g fat, 2.5g net carbs, 17g protein
  • phiddy23
    phiddy23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Would it work if you added a bit of light soya milk / skim milk? Might solve the thickness problem
  • RevNS
    RevNS Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I was thinking that apple sauce or yogurt would be a good topping for them!
  • JDelphiki
    Options
    That sounds wonderful...shall give it a try! Is that regular oats or quick cooking?

The Op didn't say, so I went with regular. Worked great
  • JDelphiki
    Options
    Would it work if you added a bit of light soya milk / skim milk? Might solve the thickness problem

I honestly think it thickened after it sat. Probably wouldn't be a problem if cooked right after blending.
  • JaneInKansas
    JaneInKansas Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • cineshome
    cineshome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jsimler1
    jsimler1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump
  • larabell69
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks we try this for sure!! :)
  • larabell69
    Options
    Yummy like this one too!!
  • KariRoseDoll
    KariRoseDoll Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I actually make banana pancakes just with a banana and an egg, and they taste fantastic. I think I'll try adding the extra goodies though!
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Going to try this
  • kjstephens22
    Options
    Just made these and topped them with half a banana and 30g sultanas, whole thing came to 354 calories...

DELICIOUS!
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    not to be snarky, but considering 3 aunt jemima pancakes has 250 calories, I'm not seeing the advantage... unless it's a gluten free thing??? because I doubt I could eat just ONE pancake ever.
  • xxTracey
    xxTracey Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump :) x
  • Canderson58054
    Canderson58054 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Bump :)