hi im lisa

Options
Hi im Lisa its my first day today.im hoping to shape up and lose lots of weight. As anyone got any good tips?

Replies

• kdelong2
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    I've lost 6 lbs so far. I'vebeen using the app on my phone, but the site seems to be a lot easier to get around in. Good luck on your weight loss.
    Kim
  • danimal5867
    Options
    The best advice I can give is eat healthy foods and get moving. Dieting can help you look goo din clothes, but it takes exercise to look better naked. Feel free to add me if you need the encouragement.
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    lots of protein and exercise
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Support! you can add me if you'd like
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    never restrict your calories below you BMR! its what causes people to hit dreaded plateaus , also making friend on here is very motivating because it keep you accountable. i learn new things everyday from my MPF friends :)

add me if youd like !
  • ginababy00
    Options
    Hi my name is Gina, this is my second day and Im not a big food eater but sweets are my weekness anyone with any tips on subsitutions.:smile:
  • RunDottyRun
    Options
    Protein!!! MFP sets your protein way too low, try to get 100g a day. It's nommy and makes you feel fuller.

WATER!! Water is very important. It will make your skin glow, keep you regular, and can help keep you fuller between meals. There is no exact answer as to how much to drink, but invest in a really pretty/fancy drinking bottle that you like looking at and keep it with you and sip at it all day.

This is not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!! Don't flat out say "no more mcdonalds, chcoclate" ect ect. Say "If I eat well all week/month I can have a meal at McDonalds that fits into my calories" Or "I'll have some ice cream for desert" it's all about moderation.

Don't punish yourself if you slip up - just keep pushing through!

No one is too busy for exercise - even 30mins, 3 times a week can make a world of difference.

It does get easier - you CAN do it!

Anyone feel free to add me :)

EDIT: Forgot to add, MFP has most likely set your calories too low. Google BMR calculator, that is the amount of calories you should aim to eat, every few lbs/kgs, check it again and adjust :)
  • DeathStalker73
    Options
    Find a system that works for you. There are lots of people here who share their diary which will give you the opportunity to see what works for them. You can use this as comparison tool for yourself and get advice on which exercise burn the most calories. Just be open, confident and most of all committed and this process will work! hope this helps.
  • asticoral
    Options
    Hi Lisa, welcome to MFP! I'm fairly new myself came over from another less exciting place - in total I've lost 20 lbs while gaining important toning structure. The main tip I'm going to say is do not forget the food pyramid ~ your body needs protein, fruits, veggies and carbs....... just simply less than we often put in! :D

Have a good time here and make plenty of friends!
  • Lisashoreson
    Lisashoreson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the good advice x
  • sonerersen
    Options
    Hi Lisa welcome to myfitnesspal. I been using this app for 3 weeks and I lost 6kg(13pounds) so far. DO not take more than your calorie goal and also burn 300calories everyday. I walk 30 mins everyday and doing 6-7 mins situps and pushups.
    Add me if you need a friend.. Best of luck
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hi from a fellow Brit.
    Tips:
    Dieting begins in the shopping basket.
    Find an exercise or activity you enjoy or it becomes a chore.

Good luck.
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy (be accountable to yourself) and exercise as much as you can every day. Nothing more to it. Oh, and add some friends on here... having others cheer you on, and doing the same back, can be very motivating.