Loosing weight too fast?

Options
I've been embracing my new fitness and diet routine for two and a half weeks now. I've already lost 6 pounds. I eat almost exactly what MFP tells me to. If I don't eat all the calories alloted, it's on an exercise day and I still make sure to eat at least 1,200 net calories to avoid putting my body into starvation. There have even been days that I've gone over my alloted calories by 40-50 or so.

Should I be concerned that I'm loosing weight too fast?

Replies

• DeepSeaDoc_Wife
    DeepSeaDoc_Wife Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Usually when starting a new diet regime you lose a lot of weight in the begginning. It could be water weight. The weight loss will slow and eventually you will hit a plateu where you may not lose weight for a while even though you are keeping up with your regime.

I personally been starting a new lifestyle change and am on day 7 and I lost 6 lbs also. I am also a breasfeeding mother too. Good luck with your weight loss goals.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I don't think 6 pounds in 2.5 weeks is too fast, especially for the very first 2.5 weeks. The first few weeks, a lot of what you lose is water weight (which is a good thing!).

I lost 5.6 pounds my first week but since then my weekly loss is between 1-3 pounds. And I'm exercising way more now. So, just enjoy it while it lasts, I think. :wink:
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    I have lost 17 in the past month and a half, I think most of it was water weight though
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    It sounds like water weight. As long as it levels out you should not be worried. I can easily gain 5 or 6 pounds due to water weight and lose it in a matter of days. Crazy I know but with women weight fluctuations are normal. I have found that it I weigh in the morning I can weigh as much as 5 pounds more by the end of the day depending on what I eat and how I exercise.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Enjoy and be happy. After awhile it wil slow down. It sounds like you are eating healthy and exercising.

I lost about 2 pounds a week for quite awhile, then it slowed down to a pound a week and now as I approach my goal it's slowling down even more.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it... I lost I think 6 or 8 lbs my 1st week, 0 my 2nd then 5 lbs my 3rd week - now it looks like i've evened out to 1 to 2 lbs per week. I'm guessing most of the weight at first was water weight. Congrats on your progress so far and keep up the good work!!