Good thing or Bad thing

Options
I am just curious everyones opinion. When my finance' and I started dating, I weighed 197lbs. I have since lost 35lbs, weighing in at 162lbs. I would like to lose another 30lbs, but that is besides the point.

My finance' has no idea that I have lost 35lbs. Seriously no clue. He has never said anything to me about it, and when I asked him the other day, he was like... "what? I hadn't noticed." And honestly I believe him.

My question is this... Is it a good thing that he hasnt noticed? Or is it a bad thing?

Does the fact that he has not noticed show that he loves me for me and genuinely does not care about my weight? Or does that mean that I am still so fat that he can't tell? Or maybe he just really doesnt pay attention to me at all?

Any thoughts?

Replies

• lilylover2012
    lilylover2012 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's a good OR bad thing.

For one thing, when we lose weight, it usually doesn't come off all on one spot at once. It's a whole body thing so while the scale may be showing such a great number that you've lost, he may not be able to see it because it's a bit here and there.

Also, my husband pointed out that he sees me every single day so he can't see the changes the way someone that you haven't seen in a month would be able to see them. Since it's a gradual process, he probably just can't see it the way you would like because again, he sees you so often. I bet if you showed him a before and after pic, he'd be able to tell! ;)
  • ricebarbiee
    Options
    He's a guy, if you two are around each other all the time that's probably why he doesn't notice. Because he sees you everyday and the change is so gradual that it's hard to tell unless you give him a before and after comparison. I wouldn't take it too personally, The only reason my husband noticed my 40lb weight loss was because when he went to Afghanistan I was 177 and when he came home I was 137 -- he hadn't seen me for 9 months so that's a big difference after not seeing someone for so long, but while he was home I went from Blonde to Black hair and my husband didn't notice for like a month until one of my friends complimented me on it. Guys aren't too keen on these types of things, doesn't mean he doesn't love you or think you're fat.
  • hunderwoman
    hunderwoman Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I was not exactly taking offense, I was just curious as to what other people opinions were. He for sure sees me every day since we live together. Maybe one of these days I will find a before picture and see what he thinks. HA HA HA!