Eat, Fast, Live Longer

Options
I'm 5' 3" and weigh 122 pounds, I want to weight 115, or maybe 110, depending on how I look and feel at 115. So, I'm considering starting the 5:2 diet plan. Eat regularly, tracking calories, of course, 5 days out of the week and fast for 2 days a week. Has anyone done this? Do you have any tips? Does anyone want to join me? My biggest question, does it matter if I do it the same 2 days every week? Or should I change it up? Also, I'm always looking for new friends, so send me a request any time.

Replies

• I_wanna_live
    I_wanna_live Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and weigh 122 pounds, I want to weight 115, or maybe 110, depending on how I look and feel at 115. So, I'm considering starting the 5:2 diet plan. Eat regularly, tracking calories, of course, 5 days out of the week and fast for 2 days a week. Has anyone done this? Do you have any tips? Does anyone want to join me? My biggest question, does it matter if I do it the same 2 days every week? Or should I change it up? Also, I'm always looking for new friends, so send me a request any time.
    For ease, most people I talked to do the same 2 days a week. As long as it isn't on two days you plan to do extended cardio, you will run out of energy quickly. (taken from personal experience)

As for tips, Water is your friend... well water, coffee, tea, or any other 0 calorie drinks. Keeping your belly thinking it's full helps a ton for beginners. Other tips, I have nothing... trying to do 20:4 plan(fast for 20 hours, eat with in a 4 hour window). Though a lot of people will yell at you, saying you have to eat. So just educate yourself.... and their is a group here for Intermittent fasters... will find it for you
  • MikeG526
    Options
    If I were you, I would figure out an eating window, and a fasting window. I like to do a 4 hour eating window, and 20 hour fasting window. I do this everyday, and get my caloric intake all within 4 hours. Another tip is to close your eating window earlier in the evening, so your stomach is empty by the time you go to bed. The fat will just melt off your body, and you will feel yourself getting leaner each morning. I also do my cardio and weight lifting in a fasted state so that my body is resorting to fat stores for energy. I open my eating window 2-3 hours after my training. Hope this helps, Good Luck!
  • Agator82
    Agator82 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Different for everyone. I just started it after seeing that show and I can say that it is pretty easy. I ended up matching what the host did by dividing it between breakfast and dinner. No hunger and I did 65 minutes of cardio yesterday (I missed my workout on Wednesday so I doubled up). With all the potential health benefits I say why not?
  • Arunakae
    Arunakae Posts: 83
    Options
    Thank you both so much. This is super helpful.