Friday the 13Th!!!

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Who believes that this is a bad thing? Who has actually had a bad experience and blamed it on it being Friday the 13th?
I haven't had anything like that so I was just wondering..

Memaw

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    The Knights Templar who had returned from the Holy Land had a really bad day on October 13, 1307 - a Friday - the day that King Philip of France in cahoots with the Pope ordered their secret mass arrest which lead to their torture and eventual death. They had too much money and power to please either the King or the Pope. :-)

So yes, this was a bad day for those guys. This is a fact, but the connection with the superstition of Friday the 13th has not been established. That connection can recently be attributed to the fictional novel "DaVinci Code"
  • Rosebud1956
    Options
    I think people just use Friday the 13th as an excuse for things that dont run smoothly in their lives on that day etc. You know everyone is looking for someone or something to blame all the time. Hope you have a wonderful day.:wink:
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Today is payday. Nothing scary about that! :laugh:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    It's a day to watch Friday the 13th Marathon:bigsmile:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Payday for me too, plus I'm buying out some of my vacation time so I don't lose it. Extra money in my paycheck today. WOOHOO!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    If there were no Friday the 13th, I wouldn't have my little sister, so I am actually pretty fond of it. :bigsmile:
  • tabbydog
    tabbydog Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I find Friday the 13th to be a good day. Any Friday is a good day!:drinker:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Payday for me too, plus I'm buying out some of my vacation time so I don't lose it. Extra money in my paycheck today. WOOHOO!!

Hey everyone! The party's at Betty's house this weekend! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options

Hey everyone! The party's at Betty's house this weekend! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:laugh: :laugh: