What all do you keep track of?

Options
I used to keep track of sugar, but really my sugars come 90% from fruits and other natural sources so I switched it up.

Currently keeping track of: Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Potass

I have migraines and know that potassium (and magnesium) are important...so says my neurologist :) So I try to keep an eye on it, but I always feel like poo about the potassium because most foods do not list their content so on my chart it shows a lot of 0s when there shouldn't be. I think I'll keep to watching the potassium in general (as in, always incorporate some high potassium foods each day), but it's rather pointless to track it on MFP if none-zero foods come up with zero.

What else do you keep track of? Sodium? Cholesterol? Calcium?

Replies

• spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    cals, carbs, fat, protein,sodium and fiber
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    definitely sodium. the bane of my existence.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    cals, carbs, fat, protein,sodium and fiber

ditto.

I used to keep track of my sugars too, but I too get the majority of mine from fruits and was tired of seeing it go so far over everyday. I'm a bit of a salt freak so I really need to make sure I keep that in check.
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    cals, sodium, fat, sugar, fiber, calcium

I sometimes switch them out and around, it's nice to be able to easily to that. I do wish there were one or two more slots that displayed though.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I wish there were more slots too :(

I don't like salty foods much, but I do eat fake meats and they're packaged so they always have a bit of sodium in them...and my progresso minestrone soup has tons of sodium in it! I'm not pleased about that, I will be careful on buying soups from now on. But I wish I could keep an eye on some other vitamins at the same time.

Can we request MFP allow us to track more?
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I wish there were more slots too :(

I don't like salty foods much, but I do eat fake meats and they're packaged so they always have a bit of sodium in them...and my progresso minestrone soup has tons of sodium in it! I'm not pleased about that, I will be careful on buying soups from now on. But I wish I could keep an eye on some other vitamins at the same time.

Can we request MFP allow us to track more?

I eat a lot of fake meats too.....although not quite as much as I did before I started tracking my food intake. And you can request MFP to track more - just put in a request in the suggestions thread.
  • cmurphy04722
    Options
    I put in the suggestion, thanks!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I keep track of: calories, carbs, fat, fiber, protein and sodium. I was shocked at the insane amounts of sodium I consumed when I first started tracking it!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It is especially important for women to get enough Iron and calcium in their diet to stay injury free. So I track those with protein, carbs and fats.
  • bj3z
    bj3z Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi:smile: I sometimes have migraines too, or I used to have very bad ones. What did your neurologist tell you about potassium and magnesium in regards to your migraines, I would be interested to know. I am trying to track calcium because I have osteoporosis. Are they listing it in milligrams or percent? Thanks, bj3z