Can someone please explain IF (intermitten fasting) to me?

Options
kmillers
kmillers Posts: 144 Member
I have been doing some research on IF (intermitten fasting) and was hoping to find someone who is currently doing this who could help me understand how it works and give me an example schedule. I have read the benefits and the drawbacks and want to try this way of eating.
If it helps, I am a 39 yr old female who is 5'4" and 135 lbs. I workout 6 days a week with p90x as my weight program and running or insanity as my cardio (3-3 split). I also incorporate hiit training. So I basically workout 1-1 1/2 hours 6 days.

Here are my questions/concerns:

-I really like the 24 hour fast method but don't know what a schedule looks like, how often should I fast, and how many calories on feed days?
-How successful is this in losing weight/maintaining weight? I have about 10lbs I'd like to lose but if I don't that's okay. Fat loss without weight loss would be okay too
-Can I have coffee on fasting days? (this is important because coffee is important to my happiness and the happiness of those around me)

Thank you in advance for the information.

Replies

• kmillers
    kmillers Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    bump!!!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    -How successful is this in losing weight/maintaining weight? I have about 10lbs I'd like to lose but if I don't that's okay. Fat loss without weight loss would be okay too

Success is driven by energy balance and macronutrient sufficiency (and training). It is not governed by meal timing. In short, if your intake is appropriate you will have success on IF, 3 meals per day, 8 meals per day, 1.345 meals per day/etc. Won't really matter.
    -Can I have coffee on fasting days? (this is important because coffee is important to my happiness and the happiness of those around me)

Yes.