Workout injuries

Options
2»

Replies

• splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I have escaped any major injuries so far. But... I currently have small scrapes on my shins from deadlifts, a small patch of rug burn by my right elbow from push-ups, and light bruising on my biceps and forearms from hugging a 45 lb plate.

I don't know man, I hate rug burn. That's pretty serious buisness right there. When I was little my older cousin grabed my feet and started pulling. I came up with rug burn on my nose. OUCH!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I've been walking for awhile now and just this past week, I got the biggest blister on the bottom of my foot underneath my big toe. Hurt like hell to work out the following days. Shins are also killing me from attemping to run.

I got horrible blisters a couple months back from walking fast paced for a couple miles. blisters on blisters that were healing, I was a mess... Now that I started running more than walking, I dont get them at all... strange..but good!
  • sjmitchner
    sjmitchner Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Achilles tendinitis, but not from working out! I woke up with a charlie horse in my left calf, and pulled up on my toes to ease it, and ta-dah! Out of commission for several months.
  • splashangel
    Options
    no pics, but i've injured my right ankle, strained it really bad. then i reinjured that recently, and strained my left achilles tendon. i tend to hurt myself every few months. i try to go too fast, my body needs to go slow and low and work up to where i want to be. i'm learning that finally :)
    Ahh Clyde my heart weeps when I know your hurt :0)!! When i first started loseing weight I constantly had something pulling or aching. shins, shoulders, ears,toe nails....
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    I injured my left knee doing jumping jacks. No more jumping jacks for me ! Since, i've done jump rope or butt kicks whenever jumping jacks are required in my workout routine ( 30 day shred ).
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    My profile picture is my current injury.

Out running Saturday morning, caught toe on the edge of a loose paving slab and went flying. Must have been impressive as I live in East London and 2 cars stopped to check that I was ok.

Still waiting for the bruise to come out and will use my profile pic to log its progress :bigsmile:

Thankfully its just a bad bruise, no muscle issues.
  • splashangel
    Options
    Back injury, SI joint about 10 days ago. Tried working out tonight but tweaked it squatting. It sucks being out of the game!
    I am so with you. I've been down for two weeks with my back. I've had back surgery and just kinda have to play it by ear. Sorry to hear you are having problems.
  • splashangel
    Options
    After lifting for over 29 years now I have a myriad of minor injuries.

Tendinitis in both elbows.
    Tendinitis in left shoulder.
    Mild patellar tendinitis in left knee.
    Chronic sciatica down left leg.
    Both ankles aren't as stable.
    Mild plantar faciitis in both feet.
    Torn left hamstring.

And that's just what I'll feel from time to time.
    Niner? I think I'm going to buy me some of them lil pink deals to lift with! I'm scerred now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • splashangel
    Options
    Ran 20 miles. Felt great. The next morning sneezed at the kitchen sink and threw out my back for a WEEK!! WTHeck!!
    20 miles! Girl, I'd be lucky if I could sneeze!
  • splashangel
    Options
    Over the handlebars onto the ground early this spring got me this lovely hematoma on my left leg:
    IMG_1985.jpg

The swelling was there for a couple of weeks, and then the blood pooled into my foot/ankle, giving me the purple sock effect:
    IMG_2003.jpg
    But, I got a new bike out of it, so I guess it was worth it.

Sorry about the pic size
    EWWW! :flowerforyou: But LOVE the pic. I just cann't NOT look at boo boo's.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Recently.... I dislocated and sprained my shoulder doing shoulder presses with 20# dumbbells. I currently have a bruise on my wrist from volleyball. Obviously I have no idea on proper form as I was told I shouldn't even be hitting the ball there lol.

The only thing I have good pics of was from a city bus bike rack pinching my finger. Sort of work out related, as I was biking.
    261679_595997095351_3064773_n.jpg
    269162_595982823951_6098025_n.jpg
  • splashangel
    Options
    My profile picture is my current injury.

Out running Saturday morning, caught toe on the edge of a loose paving slab and went flying. Must have been impressive as I live in East London and 2 cars stopped to check that I was ok.

Still waiting for the bruise to come out and will use my profile pic to log its progress :bigsmile:

Thankfully its just a bad bruise, no muscle issues.
    But... But, every body says run. It'll be good for you. Make you feel better.LOL.