Hi :) new to this online community section...

Options
Hi, my name is Velma (MFP username is velmaisvelma) <~~~ Can I post that here?
I have battled obesity my entire life, but in April, I decided to make a change. I piddled with dieting and when my daughter had surgery in April, I completely dove off the diet wagon and fell into a congregation of McDonald believers! Well, June 1st came and I decided I was going to try to do it where I could count calories, instead of fat grams, (which made me miserable...)
I have mitochondrial disease, which has made my muscles very weak, so my exercise tallies normally just cycling indoors at the gym, but I am trying to build my stamina and muscles slowly so it doesn't cause a Mito Crash (a period where my internal organs use all of my energy, so normal things like walking, bathing,running, eating....)
But, I am finally past the "I don't HAVE to have chocolate" stage, and that is AWESOME for me!! Since June I have lost 28 pounds and couldn't be prouder. I have a LONG-LONG way to go, but I am determined, with a good support group and a great downline of friends, that I can accomplish this! I haven't been thin since before my 1st baby, and then my "thin" was 180 pounds. My current goal is 250, then I will reestablish a new goal, until I reach my all time goal of 165.
Thank you to all who stuck through reading this. Good luck to you all!

Replies

• freakyfreckles
    Options
    Hi there and welcome!! I'm fairly new but I really enjoy the site!

Best wishes to you on your journey, it sounds like you're off to a great start!!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have health problems as well, and by getting healthier it's helped with my PCOS symptoms. I only have 50 pounds left to lose, but I have faith I can do it! I would love to cheer you on your journey as well. Your doing great just keep it up :flowerforyou: