WANTED: Workout buddies!!!

Options
Hey! My name is Shannon and I am just getting back on the weight loss train after being in a car accident. I thought that it would be really cool to have some weight loss buddies with the same agenda as myself! I could really use some motivation and support mabe start some kind of weight loss challenge any thing to keep me going! Let me know what ya think! Thanks a bunch, Shannon :bigsmile:

Replies

• boomersooner806
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking for some workout buddies too! I'm having a hard time keeping myself motivated. Hopefully we can keep each other encouraged and motivated to workout and eat right. :happy:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, I'm apart of a group, but it doesn't hurt being apart of another. I like being motivated by others, especially when working out because it's so easy to fall of the wagon :grumble: My main need for motivation is diet...I HAVE to stick to it, otherwise, I will get nowhere :brokenheart:
  • marujita
    Options
    so glad to see there are others on here looking for a group!

I've been using this site for a while and I just love it, but I feel like I'm missing something lately by not being part of a motivation group, i.e. not having regular "friends" on the site!

I'm serious about losing weight this time, I've stuck with it longer than I ever have before, and now there's no stopping me! But it would be fun to talk to people about my difficulties and successes on this site. Not everyone in my life cares how many calories I burned today, or if I lost two pounds last week!

So, where do we start? Any ideas? Shoudl we have a weigh-in day? or post when or how many calories burned per day?
  • marujita
    Options
    by the way, sorry to hear that you were in a car accident, Shannon. And lovely family you have there! you must be proud!
  • vanimami
    Options
    Hi ladies, I guess this is the first post for the morning. I'm excited for today because I've been watching my sugars and am watching my weight come off! YAY! Also, I went for a 4 mile run yesterday after not running for a week because I hurt my knee in one of my aerobics classes and I didn't wanna over do it. Any who, it was tough, but it felt good to get back into it again, so maybe tomorrow I'll do a 5-6 miler :love: . My legs are too sore for today, but I am going to attend my turbo kick class tonight! yay! How's everyone else doing today??
  • vanimami
    Options
    Hey! My name is Shannon and I am just getting back on the weight loss train after being in a car accident. I thought that it would be really cool to have some weight loss buddies with the same agenda as myself! I could really use some motivation and support mabe start some kind of weight loss challenge any thing to keep me going! Let me know what ya think! Thanks a bunch, Shannon :bigsmile:

Way to get back in the game, I totally didn't read your full story. I'm sorry that that happened, but am happy you have gotten the motivation to get through it!
  • boomersooner806
    Options
    Hey! Good morning! Vanimami, great job on the 4-mile run!!

Things are going pretty good. I just joined and haven't seen much progress, yet. I'm hoping to get back down to the size I want to be, which is 17-20 pounds lighter than what I am right now. I've been trying to cut back the sugar intake, but had a little, or should I say, BIG fall back yesterday. I was super stressed from my two jobs and school work (I'm going back for my 2nd degree) :noway: and I ended up having two packages of peanut butter M&Ms and a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I know, horrible! But, I'm hoping to stop letting my emotional eating get in the way and turn to something different. Any ideas on what I could do? I work as a substitute teacher (almost every single day) and at a grocery/deli store every single day, so I'm around food for at least 5-9 hours a day. As far as my workouts go, I usually do the elliptical for about 35-50 minutes and I try to burn off the excess calories, but yesterday, that was VERY difficult with all the junk I had. Hope you girls are having a great day! It's almost Friday! :happy:
  • vanimami
    Options
    Hey! Good morning! Vanimami, great job on the 4-mile run!!

Things are going pretty good. I just joined and haven't seen much progress, yet. I'm hoping to get back down to the size I want to be, which is 17-20 pounds lighter than what I am right now. I've been trying to cut back the sugar intake, but had a little, or should I say, BIG fall back yesterday. I was super stressed from my two jobs and school work (I'm going back for my 2nd degree) :noway: and I ended up having two packages of peanut butter M&Ms and a pint of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. I know, horrible! But, I'm hoping to stop letting my emotional eating get in the way and turn to something different. Any ideas on what I could do? I work as a substitute teacher (almost every single day) and at a grocery/deli store every single day, so I'm around food for at least 5-9 hours a day. As far as my workouts go, I usually do the elliptical for about 35-50 minutes and I try to burn off the excess calories, but yesterday, that was VERY difficult with all the junk I had. Hope you girls are having a great day! It's almost Friday! :happy:

I know how you feel. There's always temptations and you're so stressed out that you end up making the WORSE food choices. I am no angel when it comes to this, but sometimes I can manage. What works for me sometimes, is to bring food with me and pack my lunches. I know that can be tough sometimes, but it's very beneficial. For example, I'll eat breakfast at home or bring an english muffin, salad for lunch, fiber bar, nuts, cheese fruits for snack. I work in an office, so I have things like oatmeal and other snacks that I keep at my desk that are healthy in case I forget somethign, I have no excuse and I don't starve myself because I always have snacks at my desk. Also, as of lately, I plan on my dinners, in case I come home really hungry I know what I'm giong to eat and plan for it, or I throw some food in the crock pot so that its ready when I get home and I dont' over eat when I get home. These are some examples and my plan doesn't always work with everyone's schedule, so I guess try and do something of that nature that works for you. For me, it's the food that's the problem, not working out. So, as long as I control the food I'm ok.

I know that working 2 jobs and going to school is stressing you out, but wow, you're getting a 2nd degree and are busting your butt :noway: ! If that's not motivation, I don't know what is! It'll all be worth it!
  • marujita
    Options
    Hi all!
    Keep up the exercising, group! Good job! today I walked on treadmill for 50 minutes at 4.1 pace, doing the "weightloss" setting, so I'm going up hill at intervals. the machine said I burned 530 calories. Tonight I plan on going to my Zumba class, so there will be another couple hundred calories. I ate whatever I wanted today so far (too good a lunch to pass up!) but I'm just making sure that there is a deficit by the end othe day!

So even if you are having some bad emotional eating days (Boomer) at least you kept up with the elliptical! That's always a good thing! Give yourself a break, don't be too hard on yourself, especially when you're already stressed out.

I know it's hard when you're super busy, but try to keep from getting hungry, because for me that's when I tend to overeat on the bad stuff. I come home form a busy or stressful day, and I just mow down whatever is in front of me, especially if I'm starving. Keep some snack in the car, do whatever it takes to not allow yourself to get the point of starving. That helps me a ton to control overeating on the bad stuff.

Are you a teacher? Or just sub in the meantime? I teach (taught) high school before I quit to stay home with the kids! Miss it! I'm thinking of starting to sub within the next month.

Take care, have a good rest of the week! Is there a certain day of the week that ya'll weigh in on? I usually do it on Fridays, but then again on Sunday or Monday morning becuase the weekends are SO HARD for me, with going out to eat, seeing friends, less of a scheule, etc. By weighing myself again on Sunday it kind of gives me like a mini goal for the weekend between Friday monring and Mon morning!
  • conniec13
    Options
    I just joined and I'm looking for workout buddies too. I need alot of motivation and support. I walk for 1 hour everyday and that is where it stops. I tried doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I did it once and was hurting for 3 days after that. I don't work so I have all day to do something. If anybody has any ideas that can get me moving that would help I'm all ears.
    Connie
  • marujita
    Options
    I know, it is SO HARD to get started, Connie. I've been there. My best advice to you is to just do SOMETHING and start small. It's still good for you. Make it a 15 minute goal to start. Personally, the last 3 weeks I've been sticking to the goal of having a deficit of calories at the end of each day. I'm not worried about any other goal at this point. So far I've lost a consistent 2 lbs per week. The exercise I just see as a means to help attain that deficit of calories at the end of the day.

Make a small goal, try it out for a while, once you've reached that, add more. You can DO IT!!!! Even if it seems small, doing something is doing GREAT!!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

-Sarah
  • conniec13
    Options
    I have been walking at least an hour a day. I can usually do 2 - 2.5 miles per day. I did the 30 day shred today, but I only walked for 35 minutes after. If I'm not in pain tomorrow, I'll go for my daily walk.
    Connie