HAVE MY CAKE AND EAT IT TOO!

Hi guys! I was REALLY craving cake but you know the deal. Too much sugar, too much fat, too much cholesterol, too much whatever is unhealthy! I need a recipe for a healthy cake. I don't care if it's vanilla, red velvet, chocolate or cheesecake; I just want to have my cake and eat it too! If anyone could give me a recipe I would really appreciate it. Thanks! :)

Replies

• AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    There is this thread with a low calorie cake recipe. I have never tried it myself though.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/486848-73-calorie-chocolate-cupcakes
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    I'm of the school that you can eat whatever you want if it fits into your calories and macros for the day! Maybe have just a smaller amount of what you really fancy rather than more of a "healthy" substitute that doesn't taste as good? That said I have made a small cheesecake style thing with crushed low calorie digestive biscuits squished down into a little dish, refrigerated for a bit then mixed up some low calorie cream cheese (Philadelphia if you get that there) and a little bit of lemon curd (if you get that there!) spread that on top and back in the fridge for a bit. Yummy!
    they also sell dessert style fat free or low fat yoghurts here and often do cheesecake or pie flavours. They are lovey and you're still getting protein and calcium.
  • jelben
    jelben Posts: 13 Member
    This is a link to a recipe you may like - they're low-fat cappuccino cheesecakes:
    http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/italian/cappuccino-cheesecakes.html
  • bump
  • janaleef
    janaleef Posts: 1 Member
    You can take any cake mix and mix it with a 12 ounce can of diet soda. Then bake. That simple. It lowers the calories quite a bit. I suggest though making cupcakes and then putting the rest in the freezer. Otherwise if you are like me, you will eat it all. It is really moist and light, which makes taking of cupcake wrappers hard because a lot of the cupcake sticks to the wrapper. They are delish though. dip them in fat free cool whip.