Questions about 30-day shred

Options
I am interested in doing the 30-day shred programme to tone up while I'm losing weight, and just wondering what equipment etc you need to do it? Obviously a DVD player and a telly, lol, but what weights etc should I have? How much room do I need to move around in? And do I need to be co-ordinated? I like doing circuit training but I am rubbish at any form of 'aerobics', since I can never get my limbs to do what they're meant to do!

Also does it do a good job all-over? I am a typical pear-shape and would love to have more strength and definition in my arms and chest (I am doing light weights at the gym too when I can get in past the show-offs flexing in front of the mirrors...), and would like to see a lot of toning in my abs/thighs/bottom as well.

Thanks for any answers/advice you can give :D

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You need a bit of space, but not a great deal. I tend to do mine in the kitchen! A mat is useful as you'll be doing lots of abs work. Weights should be light - 2-3 lbs is the norm. I'm using 2kg dumbbells (the lightest my husband had lol) but it's really only in 1 or 2 of the Level 3 exercises that those are Too Heavy.

The background music isn't too fast and noisy, so the aerobic part you can largely do at your own pace.

There's a group of us doing it through out August so we're half way through - you'll definitely notice a difference. Take photos and measurements at the start so you can compare later.

Have fun!
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I am also a uncoordinated pear shape. I don't find 30DS too bad, the exercises in level one are simple enough. Jumping jacks, lunges, crunches. Still work up a good sweat and soreness if you push yourself each time.
  • katymcd81
    katymcd81 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that's really helped! I think I will order the DVD and get myself a set of hand weights!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I am also pear shaped...I just completed Level 1 of the 3 levels and miraculously lost 4 inches in my thighs and about an inch and a half in my hips...the rest of the measurements were pretty consistent and stayed the same. I did loose a few pounds, which some people say they don't right away! Good luck and feel free to add me for inspiration
  • rayraygbs
    Options
    if you have access to interet i think i have heard a bunch of people say the videos are on youtube so you dont have to buy them! i already had the DVD, for like 2 years :blushing: , but i am now on day 2 and feel much more committed then before. and my whole freaking body is sore for sure!
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I had 2lbs, 3lbs, and 5lb weights on hand for the shred and what I needed varied. A mat is good unless you have carpet since there's floor work for abs.
  • determined_01
    Options
    Thank you, that's really helped! I think I will order the DVD and get myself a set of hand weights!
    DONT GO BUY THE DVD!!! IT'S ON YOUTUBE FOR FREE!! If you have a laptop you can take it to your exercise space and watch it from there...