loose skin

Options
hi guys not been on here too long but im getting a little worried then when i reach my goal weight of around 126lbs i wil stil have loose skin. i do weight training so im hoping that keeps most thing toned but im getting worried that as im overweight at 252lbs start weight, 245lbs atm, that there wil b alot of loose skin especially around my stomach. its my long term aim to have a 6pack and compete as a bodybuilder but i guess mostly what im asking is can anyone assure me either with personal stories or before and after pics that i wont need to have an operation to remove excess skin and achieve what i want. xxx
btw im about to b 23 not sure if this means my skin is stil quite elastic as im quite young

Replies

• Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    If you are young & the skin is cared for with baby oil & good nutrition the chances are you will have little loose skin but hey it will look a hell of a lot better than with the fat in it! I have much loose skin & when I get to target weight I may get some surgery but in the mean time I enjoy seeing it show that I am not as fat as I was!! What will be will be. Anyway, is the option of staying where you are & feeling yuk a good one?!?!?
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    I haven't researched this, but I should since I have the same concerns.
    Jon Gabriel lost like 240 pounds, and didn't have to have surgery to remove loose skin.
    I'm don't know the mechanism behind this, but I think it's worth looking into.
    Here's a video that shows his before and after, and his talk about insulin resistance...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSnwc_cuyw8

Good luck, I hope this helps, if you find out any useful info about this, let me know...