Starting out

Options
Hi,
I've been on the site since late July but this is the first time I've had the time to write this message.. My name is Richard-usually called Rick and I live in the mid part of the UK-called Bedford. I'm semi-retired and used to be a qualified accountant running textile companies and retail outlets. I still do some consutling work on this. Most of my time is spend on two things- Studying to become a qualified Methodist lay preacher and as a motivational speaker and mentor for the disabled and for those addicted to nicotine. I have twi major disabilities. Resulting from a car crash (wreck? ) my left ankle and right knee had to be completely reconstructed and held together with pins. This was major surgery and i have lost all vertical movement in my ankle and 75% of the sideways movement. All the nerve ends in my left foot toes were severed so I can't move them. I have lost 50% of the movement in my right knee. Waling is difficult and extremely painful. My other disability is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder- was is a geeks term for emphysema. I have smoked my way to near death and have only 23% of my lung function remaining. All my exercise has to be done using machines and I lecture to the disabled about maxing their potential and to smokers to stop. Since stopping smoking and having to take steroids daily, my weight has mushroomed and am currently 325 pounds having at one time been 360. I want to get down to 175 pounds if possible but, hey, 200 pounds would be acceptable.
I've got two adult sons. The elder is 33 and an English and Drama teacher-also directing major school plays- who also coaches rugby. He is a resident teacher at one of our very good private co-ed schools. he is single but "with followers". My youngest is 30, married and is a senior account manager at a food recycling company. He's married and his wife Soos is expecting their first child in November. My wife, Lesley, works as a secretary at a stockbroking firm..