Weekly goals

Options
I am thinking of changing things up a bit and working to weekly goals rather than daily. Does anyone do this? I can't work out every day, so on non-workout days 1200 cals seems very low and on workout days 1700 or so seems a lot and I think I would eat for the sake of it!

So I was thinking if I set myself a target to work out 4 times a week burning 500 cals a time, that gives me 2000 exercise cals per week on top of 1200 x 7 = 10,400 per week. Obviously I would set myself a daily guideline of about 1500 (wouldn't want to get to Thursday and run out!). My BMR is about 1475. It just means if one day I have salmon for dinner (healthy choice but high in cals) I will probably go over but the next night I will have chicken and probably be under. I might even save a few for wine at the weekend :-)

Does anyone else work this way or do you stick rigidly to daily goals?

Replies

• Marquism123
    Marquism123 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    why not try that zig zagging of the calories... so your body doesn't adjust to just one amount every day.
  • Marquism123
    Options
    It's not really about that though; I guess what I am simply to do is set myself up in a way that I have enough flexibility in my goals to eat a comfortable amount every day, without eating for the sake of ( something I will NEVER do!). I think zig-zagging might not suit me ( although I hear it's very successful)
  • Cassandram333
    Cassandram333 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's what I've done. Well I haven't started counting yet but ive actually written out a diary so I record energy in energy out what type of exercise and how much water I consume. So I'm aiming for about 1400 each day but as long as I'm close to 9800 for the week that's the most important thing. This also allows me to go out for dinner ect and see the whole week in perspective rather than thinking I've screwed up the entire day. If that makes sense
  • Marquism123
    Options
    Yes it makes total sense! I think this whole eating back your exercise cals is very geared towards people who work out daily: I want to spread mine across the whole week and, as you say, if a situation arises where you go over you have the chance to pull it back and not feel like you have failed totally. I have been low-carbing for a long time but it is getting me nowhere fast so will be reverting to good old fashioned calorie counting and exercise shortly!