Diet Mt. Dew OMG

Options
AwMyLoLo
AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
So I haven't been feeling well this week and I think I figured out why... for some stupid reason I have been drinking a Diet Mountain Dew everyday for probably 2 weeks now. I never even really drank much diet pop in the past, but it has just sounded good lately, and the fridge at work is completely stocked. I was thinking about going to the doctor because of feeling ill and... my urine has a very strong unusual odor for the past 2 days. I still drink tons of water every day and the urine is mostly clear... but the odor is :indifferent: (Probably TMI for some people, sorry!) Anyway, more water and no more Diet Mt. Dew. Gross :sick:

Edit: I just smelled what I had left in a can and honestly, that's exactly what it is... I am totally grossed out right now.

Replies

• gmvanloo
    gmvanloo Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink soda but if I do I like some Diet Mtn Dew. I'm going to pay attention to these things and see if I experience the same. It would not surprise me at all!!! I'll keep you posted!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I watched a program about the Kentucky Coal Mines. It showed alot of the children and the workers that were addicted to Mt Dew. The dentist was going there fixing there teeth for free. It was awful they were all rotten and breaking. They said that mt dew is the worst soft drink you can drink and that is was the most addicting.
  • katie517
    katie517 Posts: 159
    Options
    I'm glad you figured it out. And I'm sorry, but that is pretty funny. :laugh: I'm not laughing at you, but more at how openly you wrote about it. I'm pretty open myself and therefore deemed "not very lady-like." :ohwell:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I watched a program about the Kentucky Coal Mines. It showed alot of the children and the workers that were addicted to Mt Dew. The dentist was going there fixing there teeth for free. It was awful they were all rotten and breaking. They said that mt dew is the worst soft drink you can drink and that is was the most addicting.

It's a good thing I don't have an addictive personality. I WONT be drinking it anymore!
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Weird...I wonder if it is the artificial sweetner or the coloring that makes the difference? I used to be addicted to diet drinks when I was in college, and I realized after quitting drinking them how much better I feel.
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I'm glad you figured it out. And I'm sorry, but that is pretty funny. :laugh: I'm not laughing at you, but more at how openly you wrote about it. I'm pretty open myself and therefore deemed "not very lady-like." :ohwell:

Yeah, I'm not shy! :laugh:
  • aubs057
    aubs057 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I like a good diet Mt dew every once in a while too. My husband absolutely loves it! But a little while ago I noticed I started feeling really nauseous at night, every night for about two weeks... And I knew I wasn't pregnant! So it started worrying me, and then I realized how much Diet Mt Dew I had been drinking every day! So I made myself stop completely. And within a week I felt so much better! So now I just drink some on occasion, knowing that if I drink a lot I'll start getting sick again. So, I think sparingly is the key! :smile:
  • AwMyLoLo
    Options
    I like a good diet Mt dew every once in a while too. My husband absolutely loves it! But a little while ago I noticed I started feeling really nauseous at night, every night for about two weeks... And I knew I wasn't pregnant! So it started worrying me, and then I realized how much Diet Mt Dew I had been drinking every day! So I made myself stop completely. And within a week I felt so much better! So now I just drink some on occasion, knowing that if I drink a lot I'll start getting sick again. So, I think sparingly is the key! :smile:

I agree. I usually only have like 1 diet pop per week, and usually don't even drink the whole thing! I don't know why I was drinking so much Dew. Every time I reached in for one I'm like... hmm... I've had one every day recently... :huh:
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options

I saw that too! I was freaked out... but then these children are also drinking Mt Dew out of a baby bottle! Maybe they sell it up here in Canada, not sure... Not a drink of choice. Coke Zero's got my number. Since my husband has been on business (almost 2 weeks now), I've turned to having one daily... also fights my urge to drink wine.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I used to drink Dt. Mt. Dew daily.... and.... same thing. Ick. We've parted ways, I'm happy to say. Once in a blue moon I'll get the urge to have one - but a couple of gulps is all I need and the rest goes down the drain. Really, what's IN that stuff?:huh:
  • vanessadawn
    Options
    i agree with mojogirl, diet mountain dew is not very popular in canada from what I can tell. diet coke and diet root beer are my faves. I barely drink them but on occasion I think it's fine