Oh DEER!

Options
Just got backing from a 3 mile run in the country, where I nearly got run over by a deer!!! Tell me your funny/scary running stories!

Replies

• RancidPolecat2
    Options
    I was in a marathon where a runner ahead of me collided with a deer. Apparently this happens quite a bit.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Actually I had an animal encounter this morning too. I was running through the neighborhood and this little bunny jumped out in front of me and started its zig zag evasive trick and I was practically stepping on it each step of the way.. I thought.. Bunny you are never going to make it if a real predator shows up if I can keep up.. The little guy was so cute.
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I was in a marathon where a runner ahead of me collided with a deer. Apparently this happens quite a bit.

Oh that had to hurt! I at least missed getting hit by deer...lol
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    Actually I had an animal encounter this morning too. I was running through the neighborhood and this little bunny jumped out in front of me and started its zig zag evasive trick and I was practically stepping on it each step of the way.. I thought.. Bunny you are never going to make it if a real predator shows up if I can keep up.. The little guy was so cute.

Poor little bunny must have been scared out of his mind!!! Lol
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have scared the *kitten* out of a deer before.... literally came around a corner and the deer and I both froze. It turned, pooped, and ran away. I've also almost stepped on an armadillo.

The funniest run I had was on a trail. Up ahead of me a road runner bird chased a mouse or other small creature across the trail. A second later the road runner ran back across the trail as it was chased by a cat. Ten seconds later the cat ran back across the trail chased by a dog. I slowed down because I wasn't sure I wanted to see what was going to chase the dog back across the trail.
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    I have scared the *kitten* out of a deer before.... literally came around a corner and the deer and I both froze. It turned, pooped, and ran away. I've also almost stepped on an armadillo.

The funniest run I had was on a trail. Up ahead of me a road runner bird chased a mouse or other small creature across the trail. A second later the road runner ran back across the trail as it was chased by a cat. Ten seconds later the cat ran back across the trail chased by a dog. I slowed down because I wasn't sure I wanted to see what was going to chase the dog back across the trail.

First you are talking about roadrunners, then multiple animal chases... too funny!! At what point did you think "when did I end up in a cartoon?"
  • ahulse23
    ahulse23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

First you are talking about roadrunners, then multiple animal chases... too funny!! At what point did you think "when did I end up in a cartoon?"

LOL! The only animals I see are roadkill or snakes...yuck
  • KellyR72
    KellyR72 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My husband and I ran into a possum (I think?!) Thursday morning. It was very early and still dark out so it was hard to tell what it was exactly. I screamed and started hauling *kitten* because I thought it was chasing us. HA! One way to get me to run faster!!
  • freya33
    freya33 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I did the 10 mile Great South Run and was overtaken by a lorry pulled by 6 army guys then by an elderly blind runner with his running partner. Confirmed how slow I was!
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

I thought abou the cartoon when the cat chased the roadrunner back across the trail. It really was too funny!
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I was skipping in the garden and a fox came out of the bushes, sat down and watched me skip!!
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    I was skipping in the garden and a fox came out of the bushes, sat down and watched me skip!!

Hahaha wonder what was going thru the fox's mind!!
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    When I lived in my old house, I was occasionally joined on my laps of the local park by a little Jack Russell dog. No amount of calling from its owner, or faster-running by me, seemed to get it away from me, or me from it. I nicknamed it "the pace-setting dog" and after a bit the owner (who was not a runner) just waited and let it do a couple of laps with me, after which they met up again and went home.
  • diadojikohei
    diadojikohei Posts: 732 Member
    Options

Hahaha wonder what was going thru the fox's mind!!
    I don't know, but this morning there were 6 foxes in the garden, maybe they were waiting for the show to start!
  • cordianet
    cordianet Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Just got backing from a 3 mile run in the country, where I nearly got run over by a deer!!! Tell me your funny/scary running stories!

Almost a daily event for me! It's even worse when biking because I'm moving much faster so I startle them more.
  • A_Valerie
    A_Valerie Posts: 129 Member
    Options

when i first read this i read 'I turned and pooped' was rolling on the floor and got up and re-read.
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    grasshoppers running through a field, they land on the back side of my legs and crawl around, weird how they can catch you when your running, very creepy feeling with there scratchy legs crawling around.
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I was jogging up the road to my cabin and came face to face with a mama black bear and cubs! Thank goodness she just stood up and stared at me, but boy oh boy, did I ever scurry my fanny up the roadside embankment on all fours in an amazingly fast hurry, ripping and tearing through the ferns and underbrush. 'Bout had a heart attack lol.
  • jjteddy1982
    Options
    I was running on a marathon once and the girl ahead of me, seems like she needed to pee, she didnt stop at all, I saw how she just let the pee go, and i saw how the pee was just going down her leg!!!!! maybe she was traying to break her best personal record
  • tpittsley77
    Options
    I was jogging up the road to my cabin and came face to face with a mama black bear and cubs! Thank goodness she just stood up and stared at me, but boy oh boy, did I ever scurry my fanny up the roadside embankment on all fours in an amazingly fast hurry, ripping and tearing through the ferns and underbrush. 'Bout had a heart attack lol.

Oh my word I would yave had a heart attack for sure!!!