Meal replacement shakes -- buh-bye Shakeology :(

Options
So I thought I had found my "soul mate" meal replacement shake in Shakeology, but I received my new superfood chocolate formula in the mail a week ago and I've decided I don't like it enough to continue with it. So disappointing! I thought I found a way to have a big glass of chocolate milk everyday lol :)

Anyway, what meal replacement shakes do you all use, and why do you like them? I'm returning my bag of Shakeology tomorrow and cancelling my home delivery for good, and I'd love your feedback! Tell me everything!

Have a great Saturday!

Replies

• Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 small meals a day. 3 consiting of fruits or veggies, and I replace one meal with a protein shake usually after my most intense workout of the day. It really helps! And I'd recommend it to anyone!
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    We can't get Shakeology in this country, so .....

I found many different brands of "meal replacement" sachets off-the-shelf in pharmacies and supermarkets for $2 a pack.

I always have liked Chocolate generically so it's the way for me. Usually have the right micros to compliment and balance a day of decent eating / drinking.
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I use GNC Whey Protein Vanilla (chocolate is good too with milk) - but it is a supplement, not a meal replacement. I add a scoop to water, Greek yogurt, a banana and some strawberries.
  • makeupmommyx3
    makeupmommyx3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I adore Syntha-6. High quality blend of six proteins. It keeps me fuller longer than shakeology ever did and it tastes delish. I use vanilla ice cream flavor, trying caramel latte next. I've mixed it with water, coffee, almond/coconut/skim milk and orange juice. It makes me smile everytime I take that first sip.
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    you have seen the light.
  • mkm9279
    mkm9279 Posts: 44
    Options
    I don't use meal replacemts shakes only because I need that chewing satisfaction. I do like natures bounty protien & vitamin which is a supplement. It's 120 calories for two scoops and I drink it with fat free milk. Tastes like chocolate milk.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my food.

I take whey protein to help me reach my protein macro for the day, unless I can do so through whole foods.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my food.

I take whey protein to help me reach my protein macro for the day, unless I can do so through whole foods.

this.

the shakes i make at home are probably just as good, if not better, than anything you can buy in a store, and i can control how much of it i make.

try this one: 6-8 ounces of almond milk, 2-4 tablespoons of peanut butter, one banana, two scoops of chocolate protein powder. blend enjoy.
  • CavityShape
    CavityShape Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Myofusion protein powder is the only reason I can get in my protein everyday.. I love my post workout shake and there's so many different recipes!
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    If you don't like Shakeology, you probably wouldn't like my recommendations :)

I like Chocolate Vega or the Chocolate Amazing grass. They are cheaper than Shakeology but probably on similar scales in terms of taste.

You could try making your own if you are up for experimentation. Both baby spinach and avocado are very mild and won't change the flavor of smoothies. Cocoa powder can be added to give a chocolatey taste and bananas for sweetness (if you like them).
  • jothekid
    jothekid Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I don't know if most stores do this, but I buy my supplements at Hyperforme and I can taste a variety of products before choosing my favorite one! I'd recommend finding a place like that instead of buying it and gambling on the taste :)
  • xxvogue
    xxvogue Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I like to eat my food.

this.

the shakes i make at home are probably just as good, if not better, than anything you can buy in a store, and i can control how much of it i make.

try this one: 6-8 ounces of almond milk, 2-4 tablespoons of peanut butter, one banana, two scoops of chocolate protein powder. blend enjoy.

This is what I have for every breakfast pretty much, but I use a scoop or less of my protein powder.And 2 scoops of peanutbutter. Sometimes I throw in cocoa powder too.
  • UnleashingLovely
    Options
    Didn't read comments so sorry if this was said...
    I LOVE slim-fast creamy milk chocolate. Tastes like chocolate milk to me(:
    And you can get the knock-off Equate for cheaper and its just as good or better!
    :happy:
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think Beachbody is getting a lot of complaints about the new formula. I didn't like it at first, but I'm getting used to it. Beachbody is conducting a panel to improve the taste so hopefully they will get it back closer to the original. I love the stuff!
  • michelle_mareshfuehrer
    Options
    I make my own using GNC Total Lean 25 in French Vanilla. You could use any vanilla protein powder, though. I usually blend ice, berries, almond milk with mine. I have even dropped an Oreo cookie in with almond milk, the powder, and ice.
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I have nothing against shakes for boosting nutrition, but I just don't believe in using them for meal replacements. I've tried that in the past and while they can be helpful short-term, they just are not satisfying in the long run....and they are boring.

I much prefer eating real food, but if you insist on shakes, I just make my own with some protein powder, almond milk, ice, chia fiber or seeds, etc. and some flavoring extracts like almond, coconut, vanilla, etc. You can thow in banana or blueberries too, but watch the cals because the more you put in the more calorie density you get.
  • Magnamus
    Magnamus Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I don't use meal replacements shakes but I do like the vegan smoothie from VEGA called Shake & Go Bodacious Berry.
    It's occasional use as a recovery drink has served me well.
  • cessnaholly
    cessnaholly Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I adore Syntha-6. High quality blend of six proteins. It keeps me fuller longer than shakeology ever did and it tastes delish. I use vanilla ice cream flavor, trying caramel latte next. I've mixed it with water, coffee, almond/coconut/skim milk and orange juice. It makes me smile everytime I take that first sip.

I use them too- love the PB & chocolate flavor.
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My own shake: 8 ice cubes frozen fat free Mootopia milk, 1 whole frozen banana, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp light olive oil, 1 packet stevia sweetner, 1/2 cup (unfrozen) fat free Mootopia. Blend, enjoy!
  • LuciaLongIsland
    LuciaLongIsland Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    So I thought I had found my "soul mate" meal replacement shake in Shakeology, but I received my new superfood chocolate formula in the mail a week ago and I've decided I don't like it enough to continue with it. So disappointing! I thought I found a way to have a big glass of chocolate milk everyday lol :)

Anyway, what meal replacement shakes do you all use, and why do you like them? I'm returning my bag of Shakeology tomorrow and cancelling my home delivery for good, and I'd love your feedback! Tell me everything!

Have a great Saturday!

I have Ideal Shape, both vanilla and chocolate and they really do taste good.