Needing friends

Options
I want to introduce myself, I am a 45 year old woman, who homeschooled two children, ( who are currently both in COLLEGE now), . My husband has Chronic Lymes Disease and has lots of health problems, . We have been told several time in the last 8 years that he had only a short time to live. Just goes to show how much Dr. truly know for he is doing well and still with me, Praise God. I have a very strange family, for at 45 years old , 25 years married to my husbands, we are once again not Welcomed by my Husbands family ... Talk about stress..

Through this , through all of this mess,, I have NEVER placed myself FIRST.. Kids, husband and everyone else comes FIRST. Even the next door neighbor comes before me. I feel guilty when I do anything for myself. Trying to work on this....

I have been on MFP for 3 months, lost from 215 to 197. Very slow.... However Slow is good. BUT with NO support, NO encourgament, NO motovation...

I NEED FRIENDS!!!! I need encourgament, support, and people to motoviate me....

I know there are others out there who have never placed them self first, who would like to be friends and who would like to help me stay on TRACK and get moving again. If your one of those people look me up. Thanks

Replies

• DollieVerb
    DollieVerb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!!! My name is Dollie and I am 39 years old and a stay at home mom of 5 children. Two of the children have now moved out of the house and one has even gotten married and made me an instant grandmother of a 6 year old boy and a 4 year old girl(which makes no difference if they are biological grandchildren or step they are the same in my eyes.....My Grandchildren). I know all about not putting yourself first. I still have at home a daughter that is 16(junior in high school),and 2 sons Samuel-14(freshman in high school this year nervous)and then there is Jarrod that is 10(5th grader). Between the 3 I have cheerleading, band, and then football/basketball so we are always on the go. My plan this year is to make use of the 2 hours of practice time and use it for walking at the school track. I am off to pick up football equipment as soon as I post this to you.

I just wanted to say how glad I am to hear about your husband still being with you!! I am sorry to hear about how is family is being to you!! I joined this fitness app with my sister in law that lives in a different state but at least we have this to help each other out. Feel free to add me as a friend on here and we can help support each other through this process of putting ourselves first!! Hope to hear from you soon...

~Dollie

p.s my username is DollieVerb
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Nice weight loss so far - good job! Feel free to add me - I'm learning to put myself first, too, at least for some stuff & when it's appropriate. Also coping with what I hope isn't chronic illness in the family, but it's been nearly a year and it's just now being addressed. Living with that kind of stuff can just wear a person down....happy to provide support and encouragement. Best to you!
  • yocando
    yocando Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Our lives our different- our struggles the same... .battling weight, the ability to stick to my guns with eating, and my relationship with food.... been a struggle for too long...

The site helps with support, motivation and good ideas..... feel free to friend me... I support those in my corner!
  • ruksha123
    ruksha123 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm in the same boat as you but need extra motivation other than when the scales make me happy!