Weekend Motivation! Down 65 lbs and counting (with picture!)

Options
I wish I had taken pictures when I was at my heaviest, but , alas - I hid whenever a camera came out!

I started at 240, but didn't join MFP until I got down to about 205 or so.

As of yesterday's weigh in, I was 175!

I still have a long way to go - cardio and GP Doctors want to see me down to about 130, based on my BMI. I'm thinking though that I would look sickly at that weight. Anyhow, I guess I'll see when I get there?

Lindsy10-12.png

Replies

• bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful and I love your curves! Great job on your success so far and keep up the great work!
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Great job we're the same height and about the same stats. :) You look great!
  • dq_diva
    dq_diva Posts: 66
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! I agree....at 5'7" 130lbs does not sound like a healthy weight. Maybe they will re-evaluate :/
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Awesome job!

I have found that the body tends to settle in at a comfortable weight. If I were you I wouldn't kill myself trying to meet a certain number, just because. See how your body looks and feels as you go along.

Congrats again and good luck on your future progress!

Personally, I feel good and think that I look great in the 140's and I am 5'2. Soooo....it's just a matter of opinion and perspective.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!!!! you really do look great!!! =D
    how long did it take you? what sort of workouts have you done??
    keep up the great work...you'll be where you need to be before long!
  • CookieCatCatcher
    CookieCatCatcher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I joined MFP in April of last year- I think?

I had already been losing on my own just by not eating... Which was not healthy.

I did the 30 day shred, and c25k, and I use the Kinect for Xbox a fair bit. Right now I'm following the Stronglifts program, along with my husband - and I'm running 3-4 times a week - trying to train for the Disney Princess Half next year.
  • carebear7951
    carebear7951 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    As the first response said...you have beautiful curves! And I know what you mean about thinking you might look sickly at the weight that is "right"....numbers aren't always right :) You're doing great!
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    You are doing a great job! I'm trying to lose 20 lbs and is difficult. Way to go with all your progress!
  • cupcakes_
    cupcakes_ Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful. Thank you for sharing :)
  • evaleung87
    Options
    looking fab!! well done!! :))
  • misskristy30
    Options
    Good going! You look great!
  • nsalerno90
    Options
    You look beautiful -- what a great shape you have. The best is how happy you look though. I think 130 is very thin for someone with your height but at 5'5" I have never been less than 140 in adulthood so body build is definitely an issue. Keep going -- you are doing great.
  • lose4good1
    lose4good1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look great and I am sure you feel so much better
  • lorettaasmith
    lorettaasmith Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look good at your present rate. You're right, 130 may be too little for you!
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for the kind words and feedback!
  • cmcliff2001
    Options
    You look great. Tell me how you post a before and after pic.I have lost 28 pounds and would love to shar the pics.
  • CookieCatCatcher
    Options
    I use mixbook - then copy into photobucket, then img share here.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You were beautiful and now you're gorgeous!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Medtech2004
    Medtech2004 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    You look great and I agree that 130 would be too thin for 5'7". I am somewhere around 5'7"ish and I am about 145 now and I don't see 130 happening. Good luck!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!