Learning to eat clean, store bought tortillas?

I have been on the search for a store bought whole wheat tortilla to have with my eggs in the morning or bean burritos for dinner but everything I have seen has so many ingredients. I searched amazon and came up with two brands that seem promising but I could use opinions from those that have mastered this lifestyle.

Option 1 Ingredients: Water, Oat Fiber, Whole Wheat Flour, Soy Flour, Vital Wheat Gluten, Expeller Pressed Canola Oil, Contains 2% or less of the following: Baking Powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), Sea Salt, Guar Gum, Citric Acid, Yeast, Xanthan Gum, Sorbic Acid, Calcium Propionate (to maintain freshness).
**This is the only one I have found that contains no added sugar but it has all those preservatives**

Option 2 Ingredients:100% Stone ground whole wheat, whole grain flour, sea salt, cane sugar and OLIVE oil.
**This has only has 5 ingredients, all of them being whole foods, but it has added sugar!**

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• I would go with either Option 2, or just use corn tortillas instead of flour b/c they pretty much always have only 1 or 2 ingredients and no added sugar. For me, part of clean eating is eating less flour and more whole grain.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    I'd go with corn tortillas. Sometimes you can find them with just corn, water, salt & lime. Whole Foods has them and I think Trader Joe's does as well.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I would go with either Option 2, or just use corn tortillas instead of flour b/c they pretty much always have only 1 or 2 ingredients and no added sugar. For me, part of clean eating is eating less flour and more whole grain.
    This. I mostly only eat corn tortillas.
  • I started just making my own tortillas because of this same problem :) They actually aren't that hard to make. You can find a bazillion different recipes online