Cardio that doesn't involve machines???

Options
Hello all,

I was looking for advice for different types of cardio. I need to switch up my cardio routine. For the last 8-12 months almost all of my cardio has been running and spinning/riding my bike. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love to run and ride my bike and just did my first triathlon, I just think my body is getting used to doing one of these every day and I'm not seeing results like I would like to. I'd like to be able to do some kind of cardio sculpting or wondering what everyone else does for cardio. I've got my last 5 pounds to lose to reach my original goal weight and need something to boost myself up!

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• spinningmango
    spinningmango Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have you tried swimming or tennis? :wink:
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I've been having the same issue. I like run/walking on the treadmill and it's not getting me anywhere anymore 'cause my body is used to it. So, I've taken up Biggest Loser workout DVDs that involve weights and it seems to be working. Try something like that.

Good luck! TGIF!!:flowerforyou:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    dance classes...either at the gym or an actual class...ballet, tap, jazz, ballroom. All are wonderful and you'll feel the burn.
  • Desiderata
    Options
    jump roping, jumping jacks, and walking/running up/down stairs are a few ideas
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I swam alot this summer while training for my triathlon. I just don't always have time to get in the gym and plan my day around a swim (work two jobs :ohwell: )

Tennis might be fun! Where could I find someone to play with?
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are a memeber of a gym, but if you are I strongly suggest step class, Zumba class or some sort of dance/aerobics class and a weight lifting class like a Body Attack or The Firm.
    I go to as many classes as I can during the week, I can't stand staring at a wall or a tv when I'm working out, makes the time drag.

Good luck on that last 5 lbs, I'm working on my last 10 lbs :tongue: Those last few really are a bugger to lose!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    As suggested by another poster, skipping is a great workout. One of the best cardio workouts you can do. Just ask any boxer.
  • FitChickBritt
    FitChickBritt Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas! :happy: Why are the last few always the hardest?!
  • helland75
    Options
    Do you have a ball. If you can do a ball workout with dives, burpees, Mountain Climbers....check out Resist a Ball Workouts....or contact www.haydenfitness.ca
  • hayden13
    Options
    Ball Workouts....Rock.....www.haydenfitness.ca....:bigsmile:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I :heart: our bicycles!
  • jzbaby626
    Options
    On Demand on cable has a fitness section with a big selection of cardio and toning workouts on it. It has pilates and yoga too. And they all are free to watch.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Youtube has tons of exercise videos
  • shell2430
    Options
    Already suggested but want to agree, skipping is fantastic! Ropes are cheap and portable, you can get ones which calculate calories burnt according to weight and it counts down the time you have been skipping too. Integrate with resistance or weight training to keep your heart rate up throughout your entire workout. Also fun to see what new tricks you can try! Good Luck!
  • calvarado
    Options
    A Zumba dance class is excellent cardio- and very fun!! It's Latin based dance/ aerobics... so much fun, and you SWEAT so much! It's different every time, I never get bored with it ( and that's tough to do!!)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I just finished the 60 day "INSANITY" series with Shaun T by Beachbody co. it is extreme cardio using body weight for resistance, You can burn OVER 600 calories in a workout! I did NOT follow a clean eating program but lost 7.5 pounds and a total of 8 inches! My next series starts tomorrow with ChaLean Extreme! I would bet you will stay in top tape and still get to your goal with the Insanity series! I absolutely loved it and will do it again when I am done with Chalean! Best wishes girl!!!